Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Permission Slip Warns Children Could ‘Touch Mud’ While Playing Outside

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 42 Replies

Permission Slip Warns Children Could ‘Touch Mud’ While Playing Outside

article image

A Reddit user posted a permission slip from her daughters’ school advising parents that their children might "touch mud" or "come in contact with the ground" if they were allowed to play outside. The note also warned that the school grounds contain a stream, a lake, a woodland area and large fields.

The slip also informed her that her children might "see birds, bugs, animals, trees and plants in a new way" as a result of spending time in the playground and that their clothes could become wet or dirty, 9 News reported.

Miss_Interociter wrote: "I just had to sign this permission slip for my kids' school. There are no words."

She added: "Hey all: I get that this permission slip was partially tongue-in-cheek. But it was also to ward off complaints from Those Parents(tm). I get that they were trying to be funny, I really do. The sad thing is, they were trying to be funny and cover their own a-- at the same time. To me, the true WTF is that schools today need to find funny, tactful ways to warn parents that kids will be kids during the school year. That should be a no-brainer IMO.”

One user replied with this comment: “I like to dress my daughter in nice clothes for school and day care. I also don't give a flying rat's a-- if she ruins it in one day. If you're buying clothes for a preschooler and expecting anything other than complete destruction of the item through normal wear and tear, you're an idiot.”

The note is below:

Sources: 9 News, Reddit

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM

ROFLMAO!!!  Do children float?  No?  Of course they are going to come in contact with the ground!  Christ on a cracker, I have seen it all.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

LMAO

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh my God!  I was never given a permission slip to sign!  Must go...multiple school districts to sue............. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM

***shakes head***

I can't believe this is even necessary....

codfish
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I figure the dirtier my kids get the more fun they had!
Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
4 moms liked this

What the note might have added is something about how there is good bacteria and fungi in dirt. If more kids played in it, there would be fewer allergies due to kids being raised in perfectly sterile environments.

SMDH.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Well damn.. *calls lawyer*

RMC007
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM

You know, I can understand the need for this permission slip. I have received a very nasty phone call from a parent because her child spilled ketchup on her shirt at lunch. I received another call from a parent because her dd's brand new Jordan's got a little muddy on the playground.

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
What?! My kid might get dirty while playing outside?

Oh, hell no. This will not stand!
hnye77
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Wow, that's something we would never be asked to sign in Vermont.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN