Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Spin OFF If Zimmerman was dead what would your verdict be.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 177 Replies

Poll

Question: Verdict

Options:

Guilty and voted Zimmerman guilty on other poll

Not guilty and voted Zimmerman guilty on other poll

Guilty and voted Zimmerman not guilty on other poll

Not Guilty and voted Zimmerman not guilty

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

So you have seen the trail. If all the info was the same except for Trayvon DID get Zimmerman's gun and shoot him. Claimed Zimmerman attacked him and they were fighting for the gun. What would vote in self defense verdict for Trayvon?

Please explain what evidence would lead you to your conclusion. 

Jaliyah  My video here

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, first of all if it were reversed, we most likely wouldn't even know about it.

I voted guilty, even though I think GZ is not guilty. If EVERYTHING ELSE were the same, then the general belief would still be that TM threw the first punch. You can't start a fight and then kill in self defense.
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Who knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:39 PM
What about not guilty and said GZ was not guilty on another poll?
MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Actually, under Florida law you can. That's what's fucked up about it, and why Zimmerman will walk. Because even if they could prove HE threw the first punch and attacked Trayvon, if the jury believes he thought T was going to kill him, he can get off on self defense.

Quoting DusterMommy:

Well, first of all if it were reversed, we most likely wouldn't even know about it.

I voted guilty, even though I think GZ is not guilty. If EVERYTHING ELSE were the same, then the general belief would still be that TM threw the first punch. You can't start a fight and then kill in self defense.
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I have always thought they both contributed to them fight and thought it would be a charge like involuntary manslaughter or something similiar.
allycally
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Not guilty regardless.... maybe manslaughter
hismommy2010
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
8 moms liked this

I wouldn't charge Trayvon with a damn thing! He was being followed, and Im sure he felt a strong need to protect himself. So, IMO Trayvon would have been 'standing his ground'....

FU%K George!

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Then why the hell is there even a trial? You can't prove what someone is thinking.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Actually, under Florida law you can. That's what's fucked up about it, and why Zimmerman will walk. Because even if they could prove HE threw the first punch and attacked Trayvon, if the jury believes he thought T was going to kill him, he can get off on self defense.

Quoting DusterMommy:

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
That's what I've been saying the whole time! I guess that's why they had the voice experts trying to figure out who was yelling for help and all that. They're trying to prove GZ had legitimate fear for his life. But we have to remember it's innocent until proven guilty and no one can prove he DIDN'T fear for his life... so yeah that's why I think he will walk.

Quoting DusterMommy:

Then why the hell is there even a trial? You can't prove what someone is thinking.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Quoting DusterMommy:

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:47 PM
6 moms liked this

If this was reversed, it would never have made the news.

Why?  Because it was not Obama's would be son that died and he would never have had Eric Holder send the DOJ community relations service to arrange protest marches.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)