Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Spin OFF If Zimmerman was dead what would your verdict be.

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Verdict

Options:

Guilty and voted Zimmerman guilty on other poll

Not guilty and voted Zimmerman guilty on other poll

Guilty and voted Zimmerman not guilty on other poll

Not Guilty and voted Zimmerman not guilty

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

So you have seen the trail. If all the info was the same except for Trayvon DID get Zimmerman's gun and shoot him. Claimed Zimmerman attacked him and they were fighting for the gun. What would vote in self defense verdict for Trayvon?

Please explain what evidence would lead you to your conclusion. 

Jaliyah  My video here

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Pot kettle, black- Ouch- for a person of your ilk, that's gotta hurt.

Quoting SherryBerry106:

You need serious help.

Quoting hismommy2010:

I wouldn't charge Trayvon with a damn thing! He was being followed, and Im sure he felt a strong need to protect himself. So, IMO Trayvon would have been 'standing his ground'....

FU%K George!

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm actually taking about the general belief that TM initiated physical contact. There is much dissension over who confronted whom, or how much damage was being done to GZ (not that it matters one iota) but I honestly haven't heard anyone claim that GZ punched TM to the ground first or something.

Quoting ReginaStar:

From my understanding the general belief you speak of is whether or not TM was banging his head into the ground. That doesn't mean he initiated the fight. The evidence does provide prof that Zimmerman had motive. He called the cops on an innocent by standard, he followed him. TM ran FROM him. Zimmerman had reason to assault TM. He was accusing him of wrong doing and wanted the police to get him before he was able to run away. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

I didn't say proof, I said general belief. I've yet to hear anyone seriously argue that GZ attacked/tackled/punched TM first... which lends to my thoughts that everyone is on board with the idea that TM was the initial aggressor.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Yes but not every single bit. If I missed this please tell me where I can find this b/c I have not seen prof that he attacked him. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

Watched any of the trial?

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting DusterMommy:

Well, first of all if it were reversed, we most likely wouldn't even know about it.

I voted guilty, even though I think GZ is not guilty. If EVERYTHING ELSE were the same, then the general belief would still be that TM threw the first punch. You can't start a fight and then kill in self defense.

Why would the general belief be that TM was the attacker? Where is the prof of this?

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM
^ Of course, now that someone told me that in FL someone can initiate a fight and then kill in self defense...NONE of what I said originally matters.
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
In my eyes GZ was the agressor whether he threw the first actual punch or not. And therefore if he had ended up dead I would find TM not guilty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Yes its an effed up law. Legally he could technically be found innocent of murder... Morally he will suffer consequences.

Quoting DusterMommy:

^ Of course, now that someone told me that in FL someone can initiate a fight and then kill in self defense...NONE of what I said originally matters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM

But "WHY" would anyone believe that TM initiated contact with GZ? You would think for anyone to believe that it would be based on some type of prof or motive. If not the scenario should not be "believed" to be accurate. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

No. I'm actually taking about the general belief that TM initiated physical contact. There is much dissension over who confronted whom, or how much damage was being done to GZ (not that it matters one iota) but I honestly haven't heard anyone claim that GZ punched TM to the ground first or something.

Quoting ReginaStar:

From my understanding the general belief you speak of is whether or not TM was banging his head into the ground. That doesn't mean he initiated the fight. The evidence does provide prof that Zimmerman had motive. He called the cops on an innocent by standard, he followed him. TM ran FROM him. Zimmerman had reason to assault TM. He was accusing him of wrong doing and wanted the police to get him before he was able to run away. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

I didn't say proof, I said general belief. I've yet to hear anyone seriously argue that GZ attacked/tackled/punched TM first... which lends to my thoughts that everyone is on board with the idea that TM was the initial aggressor.

Quoting ReginaStar:

Yes but not every single bit. If I missed this please tell me where I can find this b/c I have not seen prof that he attacked him. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting DusterMommy:

Well, first of all if it were reversed, we most likely wouldn't even know about it.

I voted guilty, even though I think GZ is not guilty. If EVERYTHING ELSE were the same, then the general belief would still be that TM threw the first punch. You can't start a fight and then kill in self defense.

Why would the general belief be that TM was the attacker? Where is the prof of this?

Jaliyah  My video here

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Oh, well we disagree there. I don't think GZ is guilty.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Yes its an effed up law. Legally he could technically be found innocent of murder... Morally he will suffer consequences.

Quoting DusterMommy:

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I don't believe that is true in any state. I think that is merely an opinion of the law. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

Jaliyah  My video here

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't really matter either way because there is also not proof that GZ initiated contact.

Personally, I find GZs story both believable and somewhat understandable.

Quoting ReginaStar:

But "WHY" would anyone believe that TM initiated contact with GZ? You would think for anyone to believe that it would be based on some type of prof or motive. If not the scenario should not be "believed" to be accurate. 

Quoting DusterMommy:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting DusterMommy:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting DusterMommy:

Quoting ReginaStar:

Quoting DusterMommy:

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be so glad when this is over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN