Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ban Mosques Until We Work Out 'Who Is Not a Terrorist'

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 99 Replies

Fox News Host Bob Beckel Wants to Ban Mosques Until We Work Out 'Who Is Not a Terrorist' 

article image

Fox News host Bob Beckel wants to ban all new mosques, “until we got it worked out who is not a terrorist.”

Beckel appeared on “The Five” on Tuesday and discussed the deadly “muslim gang” attack at Nigerian school last weekend.

“They are a bunch of thugs, murderers and they go after schools, Christian schools,” Beckel said. “They’ve done this, they’ve burned them down. We don’t do that here. If we burned down your mosque here, you’d be really upset.”

At least 28 people were killed at a boarding school in Nigeria on Saturday. Suspected gunmen are believed to be members of Islamic Jihadist group Boko Haram, whose name translates to “Western education is sinful.”

“Now, I’ve already got enough mail from you all, that you don’t like what I say about not letting your students come here,” Beckel said on “The Five.” “If it were up to me, I would not have another mosque built in this country until we got it worked out who was not a terrorist.”

He added: “And by the way, is any Muslim out there, any Muslim cleric, any Muslim leader said anything about this? No! You’re cowardly! Because you’re afraid they’re going to put a — what do they call it? — a fatwa on you. Well, fatwa this!”

After the Boston Marathon bombings, Beckel said the United States should stop accepting Muslim students from abroad "so that we can at least absorb what we've got, look at what we've got, and decide whether some of the people here should be sent back home or sent to prison."

He also made waves in February when he denied that rape occurs on college campuses.

Sources: Raw Story, Huffington Post

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

O_O

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

He denies rape happens on college campuses. 'Nuff said.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

where do we get these idiots?

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Muslims speak up against violence ALL the time! If you only watch Fox News it's no wonder you never see it! It doesn't fit their agenda!
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

For those people who will dismiss this idea as ridiculous right off, what suggestions do you have to keep the world safe from terrorists?

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Curious but are you more concerned with Beckel's comment or the 28 innocent people who where brutally murdered by Muslims?  

beinghuman
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Im not arguing- just stating that I can't seem to find a single shred of evidence that backs up Muslims speak up against violence ALL the time! Could you kindly prove me wrong because I don't want to still think the way I do about them.

Quoting Healthystart30:

Muslims speak up against violence ALL the time! If you only watch Fox News it's no wonder you never see it! It doesn't fit their agenda!

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Jeez, imagine if we had banned all Catholic schools and churches because of the problems in Ireland.

What a dee.

"The problem with the world today is there are too many stupid people.....and no one to eat em!"

~Carlos Mencia

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting beinghuman:

Im not arguing- just stating that I can't seem to find a single shred of evidence that backs up Muslims speak up against violence ALL the time! Could you kindly prove me wrong because I don't want to still think the way I do about them.

Quoting Healthystart30:

One of the Muslim moms here has posted pages of link of Muslims speaking out against terrorists and violence. I'll see if I can find it.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh, Good Lord...  It's a shame stupid doesn't hurt.  Or bigotry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN