Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you believe that the practices of Walmart are ethical?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 145 Replies

It went poof as I typed out several paragraphs

Walmart designs there enterprise by keeping wages and hours short, knowing that their employees will be subsidized.  Do you find that to be ethical?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
glitterrain
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM

i wonder what post lol

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM
3 moms liked this

No! I can't say that emphatically enough.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
3 moms liked this

And for the record I have a very uncomfortable moment when I am told I cant post or post deleted after I have put so much effort into a reply.  Theres the "wait a minute I am still a member right"  Then the realization that the reply is now gone lol. 

3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Walmart & ethical ? Thats a laugh, watch the walmart documentary. I never shop there and never will.
glitterrain
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM

since i barly even got to state my opinion on the actual post, i believe  that not just walmart, but mcdonalds ,target, all those big time corperations are unethical! i worked for them all, you get no where they ar dead end jobs with little pay.  i understand what they are doing it makes sense, but idk maybe walmart could raise their prices just a little, we have one other grocery store in my area and its 3 times as much as walmart, they can still be able to make buisness in a town like this by raising it a little but not that much to pay their employees a little more, there are different pay grades at walmart, depending on the job depends on the pay ( i had one of the highest paying jobs)  im not saying i advocate walmart paying little for people to be on assitance i believe the whole point of getting any job is trying to make a difference but you cant change your life if your making the same or less at work as you would be collecting welfare!

glitterrain
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

i did wait to delete it, the only reason i did was other than the insults, my feed was over flowing with notifcations and it was taking out my other notifcations at the time! im sorry

Quoting survivorinohio:

And for the record I have a very uncomfortable moment when I am told I cant post or post deleted after I have put so much effort into a reply.  Theres the "wait a minute I am still a member right"  Then the realization that the reply is now gone lol. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think there should be limits to what the government can require from a business.

Beyond this, I hate Walmart.  They are a big part of what is wrong...but people keep on shopping there.

glitterrain
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM

i try to advoid it like the plague, but they switched out local grocery store at the moment so my actual town doesnt even have one right now walmart is the closest place i have to go to shop! and it sucks its torture to go there, i cant stand the people that work there, nothing but attitudes, they should feel lucky they even have a job

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I think there should be limits to what the government can require from a business.

Beyond this, I hate Walmart.  They are a big part of what is wrong...but people keep on shopping there.

ElitestJen
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

No, but I also believe that people are lining up to be victimized.  I find it difficult to be more invested in someone than they are, themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN