Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If I keep watching the Syfy channel. My 12yr old and I watched a movie earlier today on Syfy called "Sharktopus" you know half shark half octopus. So then they showed a preview for a movie called "Sharknado." 

My 12 yr old said, mom who thinks of these dumb ideas for movies? LOL summer break needs to end soon or I'll be losing more valuable brain cells. 

'Sharknado'

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Night of the Lepus? It was from 1972. I thought it was stupid when I was little and didn't know that anyone else had ever seen that movie but me:)

Attack of The Killer Tomatoes was in the 1978 but has enjoyed a much longer shelf life stoned college kids everywhere.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Quoting UpSheRises:Guess youve never seen the killer bunny one, it was made around the same time :)

Actually, youre right, killer tomatoes it the worst.

Quoting TruthSeeker.: 
Quoting UpSheRises:Ice Spiders...worst movie ever concieved.
 Oh no. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. That is the worst movie ever made.
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you sooooo much for the title! I enjoyed it when i was little...it's so dumb but i really loved the bunnies.

There was a cartoon of the killer tomatoes when i was younger too...i used to watch it. I'm gonna look that up too, i'll bed DS would love it.

Quoting NWP:

Night of the Lepus? It was from 1972. I thought it was stupid when I was little and didn't know that anyone else had ever seen that movie but me:)

Attack of The Killer Tomatoes was in the 1978 but has enjoyed a much longer shelf life stoned college kids everywhere.

Quoting UpSheRises:Guess youve never seen the killer bunny one, it was made around the same time :)

Quoting TruthSeeker.: 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
I saw an ad for Sharknado this morning and immediately started searching for when it would be on! A good bad movie is awesome!!!

Quoting punky3175:

I heard about Sharknado this morning on the radio and just had to shake my head. The SyFy channel does some decent television series' but they really need to step away from the movie business.

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm still partial to Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, simply because of this scene:

TerriAnne2606
My Jamberry Nails - go to http://TexasTerri.Jamberrynails.net to find out more!
Today at 10:15 AM
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I love, love, love SyFy. I do not love, love, love (or even one love) some of the incredibly STUPID movies they've put out in the last 5-6 years.  Whatever happened to GOOD scifi????  :(

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

lol

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

This reminds me that I should watch my movie Piranha tonight.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

I saw an ad for Sharknado this morning and immediately started searching for when it would be on! A good bad movie is awesome!!!

Quoting punky3175:

I heard about Sharknado this morning on the radio and just had to shake my head. The SyFy channel does some decent television series' but they really need to step away from the movie business.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I've seen that one. It is the reason I am scared to swim in lakes lol

Quoting Euphoric:

This reminds me that I should watch my movie Piranha tonight.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting punky3175:

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Still probably too scary for me to watch, even with the Syfy production values.  I am a wuss.  

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I actually did kind of like it. I think it was the Volkswagen bug sized bunnies

Quoting UpSheRises:

Thank you sooooo much for the title! I enjoyed it when i was little...it's so dumb but i really loved the bunnies.

There was a cartoon of the killer tomatoes when i was younger too...i used to watch it. I'm gonna look that up too, i'll bed DS would love it.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting TruthSeeker.: 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)