Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I teach my Students Intelligent Design

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 314 Replies
6 moms liked this

I teach Intelligent  Design to my students . They are aware of the theory of evolution as well.   One of mine is a biology major in college now and has done well for herself.  

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Do you home school?
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM
7 moms liked this

If by "students" you mean your children, fine.  If by students you mean kids in public school, then you are bringing religion into a science class, and I would have a problem with that.  As might other parents in your district.  

prommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Good for you! There are more than 1 set of ideas about the origins of life and the students should be taught that. If you are just teaching it as 1 of the "theories" and not as fact then I do not see why people should get upset.

romalove
by Roma on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
10 moms liked this

Quoting prommy:

Good for you! There are more than 1 set of ideas about the origins of life and the students whould be taught that. If you are just teaching it as 1 of the "theories" and not as fact then I do not see why people should get upset.

Anywhere but a public school and I agree with you.

In a public school?

Absolutely not.

lilangilyn
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momtoscott:

If by "students" you mean your children, fine.  If by students you mean kids in public school, then you are bringing religion into a science class, and I would have a problem with that.  As might other parents in your district.  

I agree with this. If you are doing this in a public school you have crossed a line, and as a parent I have issues with this. It is not your job to introduce this theory.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Aren't your students your own children, since you homeschool? If that's the case, that's your right.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momtoscott:

How so?  The theory of ID held by many has nothing to do with religion. 

prommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Additionally, I think that by not teaching this we are short changing out kids. Teaching that it is a theory in no way tells them it is fact. Much like Darwin's THEORY of evolution, although I believe in intelligent design as well as evolution, teaching these ideas as theory can only open a students eyes to the fact that there are different beliefs out there. It doesn't try to change them, only educate them.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM
5 moms liked this

Whats the supporting evidence for ID again?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting momtoscott:

How so?  The theory of ID held by many has nothing to do with religion. 

Like who?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN