Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I think I can explain all of the recent crazy here and elsewhere.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mercury is retrograde.  

YES.

That may account for the weirdness ...

Mercury turns direct at 2:22 PM EDT (North America) on July 20, 2013

Learn More About Mercury Turning Retrograde

Psst .. for you grammar nerds IsMercuryRetrograde.com works too :)

- See more at: http://www.ismercuryinretrograde.com/#sthash.gbLYerkd.dpuf

Thoughts?

Neon Washable Paint

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anikahaynes1
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM
If you believe in that stuff.
caito
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha ha... I have a different theory:

When it gets hot for too long in a row, people get bored/annoyed and start looking for releases --internet arguments are PERFECT: no one in their 'real life' is affected (unless they take up ranting to their loved ones about the EEjits online :D) and they get to vent and feel better.

It's like cabin fever.

I've noticed that it tends to happen round about mid-February, when everyone's been cooped up by crappy weather too long, leading up to Christmas when everyone's got way too much to do, and somewhere in the midst of the heat of summer... sometimes leading up to school, but earlier if the thaw has been stressful or there's been lots of stormy weather...

Not quite triannually, but nearly so...

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I always find it interesting to read these theories.  It IS a fact that most of our early evolution was impacted by cosmic events.  For example, many oceanic creatures time mating to moon cycles and tidal pulls.  If the Moon were to change, it would wreak havoc on their systems.  Mankind used to wake early morning, forage, sleep the hottest part of the day away, forage more in the twilight, and then sleep at night.  But on nights where there was a full or bright moon, they were probably up much later.  Thus there might be some credibility to the notion a full moon causes changes in our behavior.

Personally, I believe there is a limit to how much something can impact us, though.  The moon is much closer.  Mercury is farther away, and it's impact on the functions of our planet are so small.  

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM

LOL, I was also thinking the intense weather we've been having might have more to do with it!  I wanted all winter to take my kids to the zoo.  I imagined fun filled days, but with the temps pushing so high we're stuck indoors.  The baby can't handle the higher heat, and my 5 year old gets crabby quickly.  So much for my summer plans for picnics, parks, etc.

And I know it's only a short time until winter again, and the winters here SUCK.  There is even less to do in winter as far as indoor stuff, because the roads can get bad for days on end and I can't safely drive to public indoor functions.

Quoting LindaClement:

When it gets hot for too long in a row, people get bored/annoyed and start looking for releases --internet arguments are PERFECT: no one in their 'real life' is affected (unless they take up ranting to their loved ones about the EEjits online :D) and they get to vent and feel better.

It's like cabin fever.

I've noticed that it tends to happen round about mid-February, when everyone's been cooped up by crappy weather too long, leading up to Christmas when everyone's got way too much to do, and somewhere in the midst of the heat of summer... sometimes leading up to school, but earlier if the thaw has been stressful or there's been lots of stormy weather...

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Well, I'm one of those that "believe in that stuff" so I see it as a perfectly feasible explanation.
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Nothing like a bucket of annoying rubbing up against your prickly heat to make folks take it out on the internet :D

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LOL, I was also thinking the intense weather we've been having might have more to do with it!  I wanted all winter to take my kids to the zoo.  I imagined fun filled days, but with the temps pushing so high we're stuck indoors.  The baby can't handle the higher heat, and my 5 year old gets crabby quickly.  So much for my summer plans for picnics, parks, etc.

And I know it's only a short time until winter again, and the winters here SUCK.  There is even less to do in winter as far as indoor stuff, because the roads can get bad for days on end and I can't safely drive to public indoor functions.

Quoting LindaClement:

It's like cabin fever.

punky3175
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I have a friend who is big time into astrology so he always warns everyone when Mercury is going retrograde. I don't tend to pay a lot of attention to things going wrong until I'm talking to him about t and then I go 'Oh yeah!' I find astrology fascinating thanks to everything he's shared with me.
romalove
by Roma on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this

People are nuts.

People have always been nuts.

People continue to be nuts.

Update later, but expect people to still be nuts.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Right?  I get downright irritable after a few minutes in the heat.  My ancestry is more Nordic, I'm not built for this climate!  If it is hot and that time of the month, DH says it's like living with an angry Viking woman!

Quoting LindaClement:

Nothing like a bucket of annoying rubbing up against your prickly heat to make folks take it out on the internet :D

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting LindaClement:

It's like cabin fever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN