Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Green Living

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello,

I am new to this. I have enjoyed reading so many of the posts. I am into green living and a healthy lifestyle for myself and my family. I want to share a website www.Eco-FriendlyCookware.com that has some great earth friendly products for the kitchen. I am not affiliated with this site, I just thought it was nice and it might be helpful to someone else who has the same lifestyle:)

Aimee

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Welcome to the group and the sight but just so you know it is against the TOS to advertise.

AimeeBR
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Sorry... I didn't know I was advertising. I was just sharing something I like. I have nothing to do with that website. I just liked it.

Aimee

muslimah
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Some swear by green living. My sister who is a doctor of natural path as well as having a masters in nursing is obsessed with it. She keeps trying to give me all different kinds of green products any where from house hold cleaners to cosmetics and hygiene products.

I am not impressed with any of them. I don't feel like the house hold cleaners get my house clean. The make up looks like shit on my face and I have found that the hygiene products are ineffective as well.

I think the whole thing is just big money racket.

I am more satisfied with my harmful chemicals and find them to be more effective.

muslimah
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting AimeeBR:

Sorry... I didn't know I was advertising. I was just sharing something I like. I have nothing to do with that website. I just liked it.

Aimee

I didn't take this be an advertisement but again I didn't open the link because I already know I am not interested in anything "green"

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM

welcome

AimeeBR
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM

That is an interesting view... most would disagree. Green living isn't just about products. 

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I will 2nd that :-)

Quoting stormcris:

welcome

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Quoting AimeeBR:

That is an interesting view... most would disagree. Green living isn't just about products. 

Thanks again- I am looking at those lite pots.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:05 AM

This is one more topic you and I are agreeing on tonight.  smile mini

I tried 'green' or 'non-toxic' dish soap, laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, and they all stunk.  I decided to quit right there and not waste any more of my money.

Quoting muslimah:

Some swear by green living. My sister who is a doctor of natural path as well as having a masters in nursing is obsessed with it. She keeps trying to give me all different kinds of green products any where from house hold cleaners to cosmetics and hygiene products.

I am not impressed with any of them. I don't feel like the house hold cleaners get my house clean. The make up looks like shit on my face and I have found that the hygiene products are ineffective as well.

I am more satisfied with my harmful chemicals and find them to be more effective.

grandma B

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

You can make your own green laundry soap, cleaners, shampoos, conditioners- for pennies on the $10 of dollars that you spend for chemical laden products.
I am saving money and am chemical free- win/win. 

Quoting grandmab125:

This is one more topic you and I are agreeing on tonight.  smile mini

I tried 'green' or 'non-toxic' dish soap, laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, and they all stunk.  I decided to quit right there and not waste any more of my money.

Quoting muslimah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN