Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Okay, I'll just come right out and say this, I'm an atheist. But this is genuinely not a christian bash post (Though I'm sure it will probably only take a few replies before it becomes one, but that's not my fault.)

I was just reading the post about the person being afraid of death, and that she knows she'll go to heaven and it just got me thinking, for people who believe in heaven, wouldn't it get boring?

I mean, part of the beauty of life is that it will eventually end. It's a foreboding thought but it also forces out to look at life for what it is and appreciate it. I'm not excited about dying by any means, but honestly, I wouldn't want to live forever. Think about it, this is forever we're talking about. Eternity. Even if you're in heaven, there's all this great stuff there or whatever but an entire eternity. Imagine just not dying period. What that would be like. You would eventually just get bored. Eventually you will have done and seen everything.

The fact that I will ultimately cease to exist is scary, but the fact that I won't notice or care once I'm gone that I'm gone is comforting. I will live life as best I can, and one day I just won't exist. But I won't know I don't exist because I just don't. Do you any of you who believe in heaven ever think about that? You don't think there's even the slightest possibility you may just get bored after a few thousand years? This isn't just christians either, anyone who believes in a tangible afterlife is welcome to give their take.

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Replies (121-124):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Heaven

Heaven is a place

A place where nothing

nothing ever happens. 

rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Strange. I wouldn't get bored with life and haven is going to be awesome.
rayroe2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Have you Been? I think it will be one big orgy (joking) but I think it will be an awesome place.

Quoting autodidact:

Heaven

Heaven is a place

A place where nothing

nothing ever happens. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I'm not a theist. I was quoting the Talking Heads. 

Quoting rayroe2:

Have you Been? I think it will be one big orgy (joking) but I think it will be an awesome place.

Quoting autodidact:

Heaven

Heaven is a place

A place where nothing

nothing ever happens. 

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN