Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Just curious

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 88 Replies

Do people understand that Zimmerman is not perceived as white by people who are racist? 

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Of course.

Or dumb azzes either because he has a Peruvian mother. Even  some people in the media have no idea of the differences between race, ethnicity and nationality. Many use them synonymously.

Racists, dumb azzes and the uneducated...some do not get it, others do not want to get it.

And in about 48 hours no will care.

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep.

Quoting Sisteract:

Of course.

Or dumb azzes either because he has a Peruvian mother. Even  some people in the media have no idea of the differences between race, ethnicity and nationality. Many use them synonymously.

Racists, dumb azzes and the uneducated...some do not get it, others do not want to get it.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately, this is all true. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Of course.

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I've seen quite a few here claim he wasn't white but rather Hispanic.  Their perception doesn't make it truth.  

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My mom doesn't consider Catholics white. :/
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

If you do not realize this, then you do not realize that if white people were racist and on the jury they would have found him guilty.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Yes, I've seen quite a few here claim he wasn't white but rather Hispanic.  Their perception doesn't make it truth.  

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Are they all Spanish?  (I have heard that perception once)

Quoting smalltowngal:

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM

This is the best thing I have seen all day!

Quoting smalltowngal:

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I never claimed the jurors were racist.  

Quoting stormcris:

If you do not realize this, then you do not realize that if white people were racist and on the jury they would have found him guilty.

Quoting katy_kay08:

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Just a comment in general. I wasn't trying to imply you did. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

I never claimed the jurors were racist.  

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN