Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Where is the sympathy for Zimmerman?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 181 Replies
Just a few months ago many people where expressing sympathy for the Boston marathon bomber. So I'm curious if the same people are expressing sympathy for Zimmerman?
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
13 moms liked this

Don't care about the bomber...don't care about Zimmerman. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
17 moms liked this

I have sympathy for him. He made a horrible choice in just a few short moments that changed his life and the life of TM's family forever. He'll never be free of the consequences just because he was found not guilty of murder.

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM
5 moms liked this

I have sympathy for neither. They are both victims of their own poor choices. Yes, it was a poor choice for Zimmerman to set foot outside of his vehicle.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Why the hell would I?

There is no comparison here.

Not in reality.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I winced when I read this

Quoting gdiamante:

I have sympathy for neither. They are both victims of their own poor choices. Yes, it was a poor choice for Zimmerman to set foot outside of his vehicle.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I have sympathy for him. He made a horrible choice in just a few short moments that changed his life and the life of TM's family forever. He'll never be free of the consequences just because he was found not guilty of murder.

That I can agree with, what I underlined.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
10 moms liked this

Well Zimmerman is alive and he got away with murder.How does sympathy fit in?

I feel sympathy for Trayvon and his family.This whole murder was senseless.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM
5 moms liked this

I have no sympathy for killers, and there was no sympathy for the bomber, just more conservative bullsh*t

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I sympathize with TM's parents, who lost a son that had a tendency to fight. I think at the rate he was going, if it wasn't GZ, it would have been someone else that TM would have come across and killed or been killed. 

I sympathize for GZ who meant to do the right thing and just misjudged basically but caught up in an altercation he wasn't expecting. 

I sympathize for TM who was minding his own business walking back to the place he was staying and made a bad move by sticking around rather than just moving on those last few feet that would have gotten him safe and sound into the place. 

I sympathize for GZ's wife and parents that had to deal with 1.5 years of this and will continue having to deal with it in some form. Not only that, Shelly was convicted and will have a felony for the rest of her life over it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)