Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Anyone concerned about GMOs interested in this website?

Posted by   + Show Post
http://www.fao.org/food/food-safety-quality/gm-foods-platform/en/

Seems to be a good thing for all viewpoints!
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Based on your past posts, I don't believe for a second that eepresents all sides. LOL
coronado25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM
As if! I am never one to represent the "side" of conspiracy theories or urban myths...which is how I view the anti gmo position.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

Based on your past posts, I don't believe for a second that eepresents all sides. LOL

lga1965
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
You again ?
......sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, what is wrong is that the poorer countries frequently do not have the intellectual ability to make logical decisions and they base their decisions on fear and mistrust.

Quoting Sekirei:

Nope... GMOs are still evil, slightly biased site as well, since the UN also profits from the sales

When a poorer country bans the use of GMOs and will not buy food from other countries that contain GMOs .. you have to know something is wrong.

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Ethnocentric idiot.

Quoting supercarp:

Yes, what is wrong is that the poorer countries frequently do not have the intellectual ability to make logical decisions and they base their decisions on fear and mistrust.

Quoting Sekirei:

Nope... GMOs are still evil, slightly biased site as well, since the UN also profits from the sales

When a poorer country bans the use of GMOs and will not buy food from other countries that contain GMOs .. you have to know something is wrong.

coronado25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I agree. And when they catch up, we will once again be viewed as the dunce nation, for all our legislative bodies that however learned they are in law, business, foreign affairs and economics, are blissfully ignorant of genetics are are swayed by equally ignorant nonscientific public opinion.

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

coronado25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Name calling is unbecoming. There are civil ways to say things.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Ethnocentric idiot.

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

coronado25
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I am sorry, did you not see my screenname beneath the title of the post before you opened the thread?

Quoting lga1965:

You again ?

......sigh.

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Definitely sure "ethnocentric idiot" is the nicest thing that could be said to an individual that thinks indiviuals in poor countries are inherently stupid. 

Quoting coronado25:

Name calling is unbecoming. There are civil ways to say things.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Ethnocentric idiot.

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM

You agree that individuals in poor countries are inherently stupid, huh? Go figure...

Quoting coronado25:

I agree. And when they catch up, we will once again be viewed as the dunce nation, for all our legislative bodies that however learned they are in law, business, foreign affairs and economics, are blissfully ignorant of genetics are are swayed by equally ignorant nonscientific public opinion.

Quoting supercarp:

Quoting Sekirei:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)