Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A little message. Trayvon related.

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 198 Replies
29 moms liked this

I posted this as a reply in another thread.

I feel like making a thread instead.

All of you in this group who enjoy pointing out all of Trayvon's lack of judgment, poor choices and so on................you better damn well hope your own precious snowflakes never makes mistakes.  And if they do, you better hope those mistakes are not used against them by the public and used as a reasoning as to why his death is validated.

It isn't just some of you here in this group.  There is one 'friend' on my FB page who is truly making my heart hurt for her.   Her precious children will never make those kinds of mistakes.  They will never be allowed to walk around that late at night.  SMH  They will never get in trouble in school nor will they ever do drugs.  Nor will they think they are a bad ass.  They will never be any thing like Trayvon.   

Funny thing is, she hasn't any idea if her children will, or will not, do any given thing at any given time.  No one knows this.

Yet she is quick to defend the death of this 17 year old based on his past mistakes.

Good thing some of us keep our secrets.  We can't allow any one else to know we are not perfect and we are not raising perfect children.   While doing so, you damn well better hope no one finds out what those secrets are and uses them against you.  

People make me sick. 

by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM
4 moms liked this

AMEN! 

tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
5 moms liked this

It's gonna be ok ma. Try not to let it get to you. I'm not anymore. 

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well the fact is he did engage in the fight. That IS relevant to the trial. It's a critical piece of info for the trial it matters in the turn of events. Now, I agree it is NOT an excuse for his death. I think it's sick that Zimmerman was found not guilty. While I think they both made mistakes, Martin was only a minor and the one who died. Zimmerman should have been held accountable. I don't think it's character assisination to point out the things Martin did that night that were bad choices, although he certainly didn't deserve to die.

wirehangers
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM
7 moms liked this

Every time some idiot posts pics of Trayvon smoking pot and sticking up his middle fingers,I always wonder if they think their kids don't do the same thing.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting KreatingMe:

Well the fact is he did engage in the fight. That IS relevant to the trial. It's a critical piece of info for the trial it matters in the turn of events. Now, I agree it is NOT an excuse for his death. I think it's sick that Zimmerman was found not guilty. While I think they both made mistakes, Martin was only a minor and the one who died. Zimmerman should have been held accountable. I don't think it's character assisination to point out the things Martin did that night that were bad choices, although he certainly didn't deserve to die.

Far too many, in this very group and else where, do feel his death was justified based on his 'character'.  He would not have amounted to much any way.  

It is this thinking that leads me to the thought that their own parents went wrong when raising them.   If we are going to blame the parents for their lack of parenting, blame Trayvon based on his character, those doing so need to take a good, long look in their own mirrors.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Completely agree. Everyone makes mistakes and bad choices and to think those thing won't be used against you as much as possible if found out is very naive... It is sad that it happens but it does, even though it shouldn't. Apparently people think that nobody ever changes and that the mistakes they make defines who they are. Illogical bullshit.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting tiffyhamm:

It's gonna be ok ma. Try not to let it get to you. I'm not anymore. 

You are right.

I need to let it go.  

Some day, some how, true justice will find its way to Zimmerman.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM
8 moms liked this
The whole thing -- from the trial itself to the things I've read here and on Facebook -- just disgusts me to no end.

That poor boy. His poor family. My heart just aches for his mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I said the same thing to my husband. Since we are divided on the issue. Almost every teenager is a punk at one time or another.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Completely agree. Everyone makes mistakes and bad choices and to think those thing won't be used against you as much as possible if found out is very naive... It is sad that it happens but it does, even though it shouldn't. Apparently people think that nobody ever changes and that the mistakes they make defines who they are. Illogical bullshit.

Agreed.

Especially as a teen.  I don't condone some of the choices Trayvon made.  Not by a long shot.  But nor do I think his 'character' and his mistakes justify his murder.

He will never have the chance to prove those people wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)