Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is it that's all people r worked up about

Ok y'all the Zimmerman trial is over! The jury has spoken get over it!!! Just cause the family wants something u don't always get what u want. Eveidnetly the jury thought this man felt his life was in danger!! What I don't understand is a woman kills her baby hides it and lies for a year gets off and nobody throws a fuxking fit!! U can not say it isn't a race thing!!!! This kid has a history of being a trouble maker he was bye far no saint. Leave him alone!!! They r saying civil suit ok what about the anothony girl she had a civil right to live to!!! Is there a case right now?? Hell no!!

Team Zimmerman#

Time to shut up about it and let it die. Just my opinion
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Replies (171-178):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:13 AM

What would your opinion be if Trayvon had killed Zimmerman?   We have communities that are forced to have neighborhood watches due to crime, we have a government that pushes "see something, say something"  We have a culture of "watch"  Zimmerman was "watching".   If someone were walking slowly and meanderingly in the rain with a hoody pulled up, and I did not recognize them, I would watch as well.  My neighbors all would do the same.

If Zimmerman had not had a gun, Trayvon would likely had been charged with assault.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

I actually could understand how you feel, except for the fact that evidence lends itself to Trayvon committing assault.  Zimmerman is also a minority.  Can we make the leap that people just wanted him convicted because he was a minority?  If evidence showed, as the media tried to lead us to believe, that Zimmerman just shot him as he walked, I would say string him up.  But that is not what evidence ending up showing. 

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

He said he was heading back to his car when Trayvon jumped him.  Now we will never know the truth about that.  This did not happen because he was black.  The jury heard all the evidence and decided it was self defense.  They found him not guilty.     It would be great if none of this had happened but it did and it is over.  GZ is the only one that will ever know exactly what happened and he will have to live with the choices he made that night the rest of his life.

I love how some of the people in this group who are always calling everyone else judgmental and calling them nasty vicious names for that are judging GZ as guilty and will not accept what the jury has said.

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Preponderance of the evidence shows he was killed because he attacked, not because he was black.

Quoting prommy:

People are worked up because some people, and apparently you are one of them, keep blaming the victim. It doesn't matter that he smoked pot or tried to look like a tough guy with his friends. The night he was murdered he was doing NOTHING WRONG, but because he was a black kid walking in Zimmerman's neighborhood he was murdered. I hope you never did anything in your past that can be used against you in the future...if you get mugged or worse would you feel OK if your past bad habits/deeds were brought up at trial and the criminal got away with his crime just becasue you were painted to be a bad person?

I understand that, but why was there ever an altercation to begin with. If Zimmerman had done as the cops told him to and gotten back into his car the situation wouldn't have escalated to the point of a physical attack. I think he saw a black kid he didn't know so in his mind this kidwas trouble. I'd bet my last dollar that if Trayvon Martin had been a white boy wearing Khaki's and a polo shirt Zimmerman wouldn't have bothered him at all.

Carpy, I do not think it is per say the verdict that people have a problem with.  I have accepted the verdict, though I do not agree with it, but I accept it.  I do not agree with the law htat allowed the events that led up to the altercation to be ignored, that is why I think the law should be looked at and changed or revamped or done away with.  IMO, I am angry, sad and upset because it seems that now if anyone feels they are threatened or if any kid is walking in the dark or the rain or anywhere it may give people cart blanch to feel they can become vigilantes and take matters into their own hands.  I do really believe that and many others in the minority community do also, that the justice system is not for everyone and legal issues aside this is just another example of another black person getting exactly what has been dished out to them for years and years. I do not expect you to understand, how could you, but I would like for people to understand that it is not about playing victim, it is about feeling that distrust, negative vibe that so many minorities get when police or the system is involved.

I am not arguing the race or color of Zimmerman, that, IMO is irrelevant.  It is the law, the judicial system that is the problem.  There is where the mistrust and lopsidedness comes in.  I am sorry but the evidence shows what occurred after everything happened, which was ignored or deemed irrelevant, that is the issue I have with the law.  Do you understand the difference,and where the anger is coming from.  Zimmerman is just the target or alot of the anger from the community, simply because the law, in many opinions, allowed him to get away with murder.  I also eel that many black on black crime does not make news simply because the government, law enforcement, do not expect aanything else, so they choose to ignore it and let it continue to happen.  As with the different expectations set for minorities in schools, if they expect us to be dumber than white kids why would they expect to anything else but violence from us also:/

Minnow Slayer

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I do not expect blacks to be dumber.  In fact my neices husband who is black, commands a $600 an hr consulting fee.  He also is the go to guy for Israel for their defense system computers.  he is very far from dumb.  I can not think of a simgle black that I know on a personal level, that I would call dumb.  None of them are killing each other either.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

I actually could understand how you feel, except for the fact that evidence lends itself to Trayvon committing assault.  Zimmerman is also a minority.  Can we make the leap that people just wanted him convicted because he was a minority?  If evidence showed, as the media tried to lead us to believe, that Zimmerman just shot him as he walked, I would say string him up.  But that is not what evidence ending up showing. 

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

He said he was heading back to his car when Trayvon jumped him.  Now we will never know the truth about that.  This did not happen because he was black.  The jury heard all the evidence and decided it was self defense.  They found him not guilty.     It would be great if none of this had happened but it did and it is over.  GZ is the only one that will ever know exactly what happened and he will have to live with the choices he made that night the rest of his life.

I love how some of the people in this group who are always calling everyone else judgmental and calling them nasty vicious names for that are judging GZ as guilty and will not accept what the jury has said.

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Preponderance of the evidence shows he was killed because he attacked, not because he was black.

Quoting prommy:

People are worked up because some people, and apparently you are one of them, keep blaming the victim. It doesn't matter that he smoked pot or tried to look like a tough guy with his friends. The night he was murdered he was doing NOTHING WRONG, but because he was a black kid walking in Zimmerman's neighborhood he was murdered. I hope you never did anything in your past that can be used against you in the future...if you get mugged or worse would you feel OK if your past bad habits/deeds were brought up at trial and the criminal got away with his crime just becasue you were painted to be a bad person?

I understand that, but why was there ever an altercation to begin with. If Zimmerman had done as the cops told him to and gotten back into his car the situation wouldn't have escalated to the point of a physical attack. I think he saw a black kid he didn't know so in his mind this kidwas trouble. I'd bet my last dollar that if Trayvon Martin had been a white boy wearing Khaki's and a polo shirt Zimmerman wouldn't have bothered him at all.

Carpy, I do not think it is per say the verdict that people have a problem with.  I have accepted the verdict, though I do not agree with it, but I accept it.  I do not agree with the law htat allowed the events that led up to the altercation to be ignored, that is why I think the law should be looked at and changed or revamped or done away with.  IMO, I am angry, sad and upset because it seems that now if anyone feels they are threatened or if any kid is walking in the dark or the rain or anywhere it may give people cart blanch to feel they can become vigilantes and take matters into their own hands.  I do really believe that and many others in the minority community do also, that the justice system is not for everyone and legal issues aside this is just another example of another black person getting exactly what has been dished out to them for years and years. I do not expect you to understand, how could you, but I would like for people to understand that it is not about playing victim, it is about feeling that distrust, negative vibe that so many minorities get when police or the system is involved.

I am not arguing the race or color of Zimmerman, that, IMO is irrelevant.  It is the law, the judicial system that is the problem.  There is where the mistrust and lopsidedness comes in.  I am sorry but the evidence shows what occurred after everything happened, which was ignored or deemed irrelevant, that is the issue I have with the law.  Do you understand the difference,and where the anger is coming from.  Zimmerman is just the target or alot of the anger from the community, simply because the law, in many opinions, allowed him to get away with murder.  I also eel that many black on black crime does not make news simply because the government, law enforcement, do not expect aanything else, so they choose to ignore it and let it continue to happen.  As with the different expectations set for minorities in schools, if they expect us to be dumber than white kids why would they expect to anything else but violence from us also:/

Minnow Slayer

denise3680
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting Carpy:

What would your opinion be if Trayvon had killed Zimmerman?   We have communities that are forced to have neighborhood watches due to crime, we have a government that pushes "see something, say something"  We have a culture of "watch"  Zimmerman was "watching".   If someone were walking slowly and meanderingly in the rain with a hoody pulled up, and I did not recognize them, I would watch as well.  My neighbors all would do the same.

If Zimmerman had not had a gun, Trayvon would likely had been charged with assault.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting prommy:

either you missed my first sentence or you choose to ignore it.  I said his color is irrelevant to me, so if Trayvon had killed Zimmerman in the same manner with what is known I woudl still have a problem with the law that allowed it to happen, period.  Do you understand that now? Come on Carpy, that is bs, I see people walking in the rain, fast or slow, during the day or night and it makes no difference, you see Zimmerman had a habit of calling the law on black men in the neighborhood, but not anyone else that walked thru there, that says something about his state of mind.  IMO, it also says he racially and criminally profiled Trayvon, because he was black.  Frankly I am tired of arguing this with you guys, you see your side and we see another, we will get nowhere if noone decides to see another side.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I don't believe I said anything about skin color here.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting prommy:

either you missed my first sentence or you choose to ignore it.  I said his color is irrelevant to me, so if Trayvon had killed Zimmerman in the same manner with what is known I woudl still have a problem with the law that allowed it to happen, period.  Do you understand that now? Come on Carpy, that is bs, I see people walking in the rain, fast or slow, during the day or night and it makes no difference, you see Zimmerman had a habit of calling the law on black men in the neighborhood, but not anyone else that walked thru there, that says something about his state of mind.  IMO, it also says he racially and criminally profiled Trayvon, because he was black.  Frankly I am tired of arguing this with you guys, you see your side and we see another, we will get nowhere if noone decides to see another side.

Minnow Slayer

denise3680
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Carpy:

I do not expect blacks to be dumber.  In fact my neices husband who is black, commands a $600 an hr consulting fee.  He also is the go to guy for Israel for their defense system computers.  he is very far from dumb.  I can not think of a simgle black that I know on a personal level, that I would call dumb.  None of them are killing each other either.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting prommy:

Unfortunately, if your nieces husband had been the one walking in the rain with a hoody on he also may be have been in that very situation, 600 an hour or not, bottom line he is still black and he would have been profiled:/ 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I don't tend to hack on people's typing or spelling in public. I do what most people do: go read something comprehensible. There is a limit to what I will voluntarily struggle through.

Sometimes, it's a help to find out that your writing is so obscure and impenetrable --and I have witnessed a number of people who had NO IDEA that people were not answering because they didn't understand enough of what was being asked, not because they were unwilling to answer.

I do not believe that people can't help themselves --that's a form of helplessness and optional victimization that I simply cannot support or agree with. People can, and do, help themselves (and ask others for help) every day of their lives. Deciding to learn something makes learning it possible --anything any human has ever learned to do, you can learn to do. You might think it was easy for them and hard for you, but since you're not asking, you might be assuming it was easy (simply because they can now) when it wasn't. 

I've spent most of my life INTENTIONALLY improving my writing skill. A lot of it has not been easy, but it was my goal --to master written english. Can't say I've done it yet...

Quoting Looking4Truth:

I suppose Linda that both of us could be right depending upon circumstances.  If someone actually does know how to write correctly and doesn't, then I agree with you that it's disrespectful.  However, if someone is just a lousy typist or speller, than people shouldn't make fun of them.  The problem though, is how do you tell the difference?  I guess I'd just rather act on the side of caution.  I'd rather be nice to a disrespectful woman, than mean to someone who can't help themselves.  Anyway....you made a good point.  Thank you for that!

Quoting LindaClement:

Failing to communicate clearly in your native language is OPTIONAL with today's technology.

Can't be bothered, the readers can figure it out themselves --that's disrespectful.

Quoting Looking4Truth:

Harping at someone because of their spelling or grammar is rather pathetic and small-minded.

Quoting LindaClement:

I'd never read that dyslexia impaired the Check Spelling button...

Quoting Carpy:

When people attack others for posts like that, do they ever consider that the poster may be dislexic?  So they may be attacking for a disability?

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

And for the love of God....... Grab a dictionary and learn to type. Your post is painful to read.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Watch.

Call

Follow the instructions/warnings given

STOP

The end.

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting prommy:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting prommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)