Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"So, you see Timmy..."

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM
TC
  • 82 Replies

I may regret this, but: 

What do you think we, as a nation/society, should learn from the George Zimmerman trial?   From beginning to end, what kind of lessons could we glean from this?

Also, did you, personally, learn anything?

**FTR, I am not trying to exacerbate any ongoing arguments between members.  Also, if this follows the same routes as the previous TM/GZ posts, if you want my attention, you may want to quote me.  

Please, let's try to keep this civil.

Thank you**

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Some people I think learned that it's okay to shoot first and ask questions later. That wearing a hoodie and walking home is considered to be threatening behaviour. That being a young black male in the USA could be dangerous for your Life. That prejudice and racism runs so deep sometimes it's hard for even Justice to recognize it let alone the average citizen. That resposnible gun oweners are resposnible up until the time they are not.

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Taken in conjunction with another case I would say witnesses are everything.  (that case)

Taken by itself: We need to stop dictating that the way a person is dressed determines who a person is and think about what your words when you use a certain style of clothes to call people thugs, pimps, preps, prostitots, etc actually do. Your children hear this if not from you from the world. (general you)

Stop the fear of black people.

Now the real cause for this is he had a hero complex. I have no idea how you stop that in people. I am sure it has to do with their feelings of self worth for some but sometimes it is just a part of the personality. Perhaps we need to make more opportunities for people to be noticed and shine.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I've learned a lot. It would probably take me an hour to write it all out.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

This is something I learned too.  Especially seeing all the kids out for summer break that are ALL dressed in a similar manner.

Quoting stormcris:

Taken in conjunction with another case I would say witnesses are everything.  (that case)

Taken by itself: We need to stop dictating that the way a person is dressed determines who a person is and think about what your words when you use a certain style of clothes to call people thugs, pimps, preps, prostitots, etc actually do. Your children hear this if not from you from the world. (general you)

Stop the fear of black people.

Now the real cause for this is he had a hero complex. I have no idea how you stop that in people. I am sure it has to do with their feelings of self worth for some but sometimes it is just a part of the personality. Perhaps we need to make more opportunities for people to be noticed and shine.

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this

That Aaron Hernandez wants Mark O'Mara as his lead attorney.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
4 moms liked this

some should learn that 

black people use racism WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO MUCH.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

some should learn that 

Can you explain this further? I'm not sure what you mean.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM

But, what did you learn?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

some should learn that 

Dr. Maria Montessori~

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Also do you realize you left of any qualifiers, and just generalized an entire population of people?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

some should learn that 

Dr. Maria Montessori~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN