Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

OT-I need to know about...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
Gallbladder surgery!

My doc confirmed today that I do, indeed, have gallstones (had an ultrasound on Sat). I have a consult with the surgeon a week from today. I can, of course, do my own research, and I will, but hearing personal experience is always good.
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Are they doing it laprascopically?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I had it in 2009. I went in at 11 and was home by 3. My recovery was TERRIBLE. I barfed for about 24 hours so I couldnt take the pain meds they gave me and the barfing really hurt my insides. After the barfing stopped and I could take the meds it took about 4 days before I could get out of bed. In comparison, my c section was a breeze. I was up the next day, very little pain...

There were some other medical problems that made the recovery rough...if I would have been healthy it probably woukdnt have been so bad.
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I know nothing about gallbladders.  I know lots about best wishes, good thoughts and prayer.  I send out heaps of those to you.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I had mine done in 1999. It was a breeze. I went in for surgery in the am, was home by mid afternoon. That day and evening were a bit of a drugged up haze, but no vomiting or pain. That was a Friday. Sunday we shopped for and hosted fil's birthday supper. Monday I was home alone with our 6 mo son.

I have had no problem at all since then. Best thing I ever had done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I think so. I'll know more about that after my consult.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Are they doing it laprascopically?

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Very much appreciated.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I know nothing about gallbladders.  I know lots about best wishes, good thoughts and prayer.  I send out heaps of those to you.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Quoting ..MoonShine..:

That is good. The recovery is a lot easier. And one tip I give all my patients (as long as they can), take your pain medicine for the first couple of days as scheduled. Do not wait for the pain to get bad. The quicker you are moving around the better and pain meds will help get you moving.

Good luck:)

"No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgements are wrong. Only racists make them" - Elie Wiesel

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

That is good. The recovery is a lot easier. And one tip I give all my patients (as long as they can), take your pain medicine for the first couple of days as scheduled. Do not wait for the pain to get bad. The quicker you are moving around the better and pain meds will help get you moving.

Good luck:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)