Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How is she not racist? Her apology is a farce.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 54 Replies

Quote:

‘Big Brother’ Aaryn Apologizes For Racist Comments (After Extremely Racist Rant)

BB15 Live Feeds - Amanda calls Aaryn out on her racist remarks
BB15 Live Feeds - Aaryn mocks black people in front of Candice and Howard
The Talk - Julie Chen Big Brother 15 Announcement
The Reason Aaryn Gries Needs To Be Expelled From Big Brother 15.
Big Brother 15 Promo HD

Big Brother 15 contestant Aaryn Gries finally apologized for her racist comments after a stand-off between cast mates and one of the most racially charged tirades the young model has gone on since appearing on the show.

The reality TV competition has received criticism in recent weeks for airing highly insensitive and racist remarks from contestants Aaryn Gries and GinaMarie Zimmerman.

Though minority housemates have said that they will keep their distance from Aaryn for fear of jeopardizing their chances at winning, Africa-American co-stars Candice Stewart and Howard Overby finally confronted Aaryn about her racist attitude.

On Sunday’s episode, Aaryn flipped over Stewart’s mattress, scattering her possessions all over the floor. When Stewart confronted Aaryn, the latter adopted a “ghetto” accent, shouting “What you gonna do, girl? Class girl? Where’s yo class?”

Zimmerman chimed in, shouting “You want the black to come out?”

Overby intervened before the confrontation got out of hand.

“The only way I’m going to leave this house is by defending somebody. The only persons I honestly have to defend in this house is you and Helen because I fit in the same minority as y’all. That’s the only button they got to push, and they’re gonna push you, which pushes me. And all I need is an excuse, and I’ll go home happy. No money or nothing,” Overby told Stewart.

She began to cry, and admitted, “Aaryn is probably one of the meanest people I’ve ever met in my whole entire life. When I see someone with such malice in their eyes, I don’t understand it.”

Aaryn later apologized to Stewart for her rude comments.

“Candice, I’m sorry. Anybody that knows me knows that just because I’m Southern, and I say things that are probably aren’t appropriate all the time. I have nothing against any other race. And if I make a comment that seems like I do, I don’t want it to be taken that way, and I don’t want to offend you.”

In the Diary Room later on, she added: “I don’t want her to be thinking that I’m that type of person and I also don’t want her to be using that against me or spreading something about me that’s not true.”

The irony, of course, is that many publications, television hosts and social media users have already branded Aaryn a racist and bigoted person, and she has even lost her job in the outside world over her comments. She doesn’t know it yet because of the whole “no contact with the outside world” thing Big Brother has in the rule book.

Boy, are you in for a rude surprise of your own, Aaryn.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/849813/big-brother-aaryn-apologizes/#6cSKykhaapSZqA9r.99 

Some may not be fully aware, if at all, in regards to all this girl has done and said.  Among others.  

If you are interested, it is all out there for you to see.

Any way, during her 'apology' to Candice, and otherwise, she made it clear the fault lies with others as they took her words incorrectly.  No personal responsibility at all.

How in the hell any one can think, for less than a second, that this girl is anything other than an ugly, racist human being astounds me.

Yes, I have been watching the show.  I would not be able to remain in that house, regardless of the prize money up for grabs.   I am not sure if I commend the others for not walking out of the house or not.  Although i can see if one did leave that lead this little girl to think she won.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when this little girl, and the other one, leave that house and walk right in to the reality they created for themselves.

Now, do people really want to say racism doesn't exist?  Or is she some how justified in her rants?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM

BUMP!

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this
She is a truly bad person. There have been assholes on the show before, but she is a racist, bigoted, bitch who will find that her pretty face can only cover the inner ugliness for so long before people see the real Aaryn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I missed it, but what ever happen to freedom of speech?   I dont  agree w/ being a racist ass hole but,   why should she be kicked off b/c of it?    It's not like she will win after that shit.  

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
11 moms liked this
Am I the only one who thinks it's interesting how closely her name resembles the word Aryan?
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Wth does being southern have to do with her making the comments she did. She knows what she is saying is out of line. Her apology sounds like bs
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I noticed that too.

Quoting stringtheory:

Am I the only one who thinks it's interesting how closely her name resembles the word Aryan?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM
People are free to say what they want but sometimes there are consequences to saying things.

Quoting ihave1:

I missed it, but what ever happen to freedom of speech?   I dont  agree w/ being a racist ass hole but,   why should she be kicked off b/c of it?    It's not like she will win after that shit.  

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM
She should be voted off soon - she's on the block now, so hopefully this week. I'm sure some people have called for her to be evicted, but honestly at this point I think they should let the houseguests boot her, and then have her deal with the consequences when she leaves. I can't see there being a big cheer for her when she walks out of the house.

Quoting ihave1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM

For sure.    I AGREE  w/ you on that. lol  

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

People are free to say what they want but sometimes there are consequences to saying things.

Quoting ihave1:

ihave1
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Agree   maybe stones will be thrown at her.  lol  Or not.  

Quoting canadianmom1974:

She should be voted off soon - she's on the block now, so hopefully this week. I'm sure some people have called for her to be evicted, but honestly at this point I think they should let the houseguests boot her, and then have her deal with the consequences when she leaves. I can't see there being a big cheer for her when she walks out of the house.

Quoting ihave1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)