Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yeah.. since it is a current event...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 73 Replies

Quick question...how many of you have pics of you as teens flipping the bird?

this is totally not about the verdict of the GZ trial.. but of some of the items that were brought up, that really did not have a bearing on the trial

Now, you can answer this post without even mentioning the trial, but I am curious about it, since his flipping people off and smoking weed were used against his character.

Once again, this is not about the verdict... 

Here I am at 17...

yup.. friend of mine took this pic in school. We have pics of friends completely stoned (ok.. one.. he came to school like that daily) 

So... do you have a pic like this? Or did you do it as a teen? and would you want it used against you now?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:56 AM
3 moms liked this
I never did it at all. I was terrified of the trouble I'd get into if I was caught, my sister had a pic like that and I don't envy the tirade my dad brought down upon her. Now that I think about it, I owe my sister a hell of a lot for the mistakes she made that my patents caught her doing and thus scared me straight from repeating....I should do something special for her bday....
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
My mum had this picture framed. While we had some pretty strict boundaries, our expressive language was not restricted. Just as long as c#%nt never left our mouth. Coincidentally that is now my favorite word

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I never did it at all. I was terrified of the trouble I'd get into if I was caught, my sister had a pic like that and I don't envy the tirade my dad brought down upon her. Now that I think about it, I owe my sister a hell of a lot for the mistakes she made that my patents caught her doing and thus scared me straight from repeating....I should do something special for her bday....
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't have any. If I did My butt would have made a new friend my dads belt. 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:42 AM
5 moms liked this

the bird wasnt around when I was at school...the reverse peace sign (up yours) was the rage.

Also we only had film so as the parents paid for the film to be processed....you really didnt want to be doing shit that you shouldnt be.

Fuck Im old LMAO

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 AM
I don't have any of me doing it, but I do have pics of a couple of my friends doing it.
punky3175
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:05 AM
I have one of me at 23 and pregnant. My ex made a smart ass comment right before he took the picture and caught me giving him the bird. I don't know if I have any as a teen or not. I'd have to go back and look.

I don't see the big deal honestly.
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine having such a picture or keeping it or posting it.  I am a fuddy-duddy.  I probably didn't flip anyone the bird until I was in my late 20s.  

jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I used to have a couple. This was before ubiquitous internet and digital cameras though.

A couple years ago, I was driving by some catholic school girls, and a couple decided to flip me off. I pulled my car over and hopped onto the sidewalk about 20 feet away from them, planted my hands on my hips and yelled "what do you think you're doing" they turned tail and ran. I laughed and got back into my car and drove off. I doubt they'll be doing that again.,
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM
This exactly.

I do know someone who is close to 50 and she posts pictures of herself doing it.

Quoting momtoscott:

I can't imagine having such a picture or keeping it or posting it.  I am a fuddy-duddy.  I probably didn't flip anyone the bird until I was in my late 20s.  

lace-n-heels
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:51 AM

If this isn't about the trial then why did you bring the trial up? just curious. I don't think I have any pics of me doing that as a teen..... but I was a military brat and my dad was always on our backs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)