Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yeah.. since it is a current event...

Posted by   + Show Post

Quick question...how many of you have pics of you as teens flipping the bird?

this is totally not about the verdict of the GZ trial.. but of some of the items that were brought up, that really did not have a bearing on the trial

Now, you can answer this post without even mentioning the trial, but I am curious about it, since his flipping people off and smoking weed were used against his character.

Once again, this is not about the verdict... 

Here I am at 17...

yup.. friend of mine took this pic in school. We have pics of friends completely stoned (ok.. one.. he came to school like that daily) 

So... do you have a pic like this? Or did you do it as a teen? and would you want it used against you now?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Replies (21-30):
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting turtle68:

the bird wasnt around when I was at school...the reverse peace sign (up yours) was the rage.

Also we only had film so as the parents paid for the film to be processed....you really didnt want to be doing shit that you shouldnt be.

Fuck Im old LMAO

The pic above was from a four year old 110 film camera.. lol

my mum did print this out, she dropped it off at the store she worked at. 

ausomezombie2.0
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

im sure i do. along with other photos of me and my friends doing ridiculous things(we were urban explorers so we went to a lot of "off limit" places that we could have gotten at least cited for)

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
None. I am old and was teen when only film cameras were around. Any picture taken was first seen by the developer then our parents. I was scared of my parents and my friends parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aestas
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I can't remember specifically having a picture of me flipping the bird, but then, most of my pictures burned in a house fire a while back, so I guess we'll never know. I do remember taking a picture of my boyfriend at the time and his best friend, both giving the middle finger to the camera. That was in tenth grade.

Yeah, we used 35mm film back then, but you could go to the drugstore and get the pictures developed yourself. It's not like the people who worked there cared one way or the other.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes there are a couple of pics floating around with me flipping the bird. And all of my siblings. Yes I flipped the bird in high school and continue to do so now sometimes. Just yesterday I did to a guy driving who aggressively cut me off so I had to slam on my brakes. I don't know if he got a pic of it or not. But it was well deserved.
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't think so. 

There is, however, a video that was made in 1993 of me completely, ridiculously, stupidly drunk at a house party that was threatened to be played at our 10 year reunion in 2005.  *shudder* I offered him $500 for the video so I could destroy it, he wouldn't give it up. Asshole. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM

No, not one of me.

furbabymum
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM

No. I didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't do anything bad. They'd have nothing against me.

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I never did it, but then I don't even flip the bird much. Just because someone does, and I have plenty of friends who did, doesn't mean they are bad people. They could be doing it to be funny, or to try and look hardcore for whatever reason, or maybe they didn't want their picture taken, etc.. (Usually I think it's just to try and look cool). I don't think my parents would have cared if I had taken a picture like that though. I was a pretty good kid. 

I don't think a picture like that is an indication of someone's character. 

Neither is smoking weed. Most of the people I know do or used to smoke weed regularly and they are all just fine. They are good, productive members of society and good people who don't get into any trouble. I wish that the stigma with smoking weed would die off. 

Using little things like that to paint TM as a bad person is immature at best. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I have none.

However, since when does weed mean you are anything other than high. For the majority of the population weed relaxes and makes you less hostile not more. Flipping the bird ...oh my the horrors~

The popular thing in my area when I was growing up was the anarchy symbol and being very political. Does the fact that I started a campaign in high school to prevent the renaming of a road from MLK Jr Blvd make me a racist? Are the black people who opposed that and signed my petition self haters? Does the sit in I started to get more nutritious lunches in the principles office suggest that I am a low life? Does the fact that I was kicked out of my home at 17 suggest I am no good? Unfortunately, I know first hand though how a court case puts the victim on trial. 

No one has a unimpeachable character. No one. Not even an 11 year old church going white female with good grades who is seen as an outstanding member of the community.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN