Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LMAO! Look what I got in the mail yesterday!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

*JUST* this past Sunday night I said to my 21yr old daughter "I haven't gotten a jury summons since I was in my early 20's" (that would've been the early 1990's)

And then YESTERDAY I get one!  

To funny!

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I am probably a wanted woman due to not going:(  I called them and explained the situation and they said to come in but I could not drag the 5 kids I had that day with me.  I dont know what they really do to jury dodgers...   I am dissappointed though, I have served an enjoyed it a lot.  Even got to lead our jury to a solution:)

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Lol, oh boy.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I have to go soon too. I'm not looking forward to it. I have severe anxiety.

texassahm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I'm going to be excused from it because I have children under the age of 12 for whom I do not have adequate child care.  My two youngest are 9 and 11 and my DH works long, late hours.  In two years I won't be able to claim that (YDD turns 10 next mo).

texassahm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

For exemptions, my summons has 7 exclusions:

"You may be exempted from jury service if:

2.  You have legal custody of a child or children younger than 12yrs of age and service on the jury would require leaving the child or children without adequate supervision."

Quoting survivorinohio:

I am probably a wanted woman due to not going:(  I called them and explained the situation and they said to come in but I could not drag the 5 kids I had that day with me.  I dont know what they really do to jury dodgers...   I am dissappointed though, I have served an enjoyed it a lot.  Even got to lead our jury to a solution:)

mikesmom65270
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I was on the county list in 2010, got called 3 times.  Once was called off before I had to go, the second I went to the courthouse but they settled out of court.  The last one I went through the jurty selection process but didn't get picked.  There's only about 15,000 people in the county, so not uncommon to be summonded frequently.  I would think child care would be an acceptable excuse.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I get a summons every year- Now, I have moved 5 times in 5 years, so different counties and  in some instances, states.

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I got a summons in 2010... couldn't go. 

I was in Hawaii and in a hospital. The summons was for Florida. Took three times of my husband calling before they understood what was going on.. 

illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Fun! I want jury duty.
Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM
When high profile crimes happen I always hope I am not called for it so far in mass we have three. Aaron Hernandez, the Boston bomber and whitey bulger. Don't have to worry to much about the whitey bulger one anymore
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)