Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update ..... Press Conference Missing Harvey girl found dead in trash can, mother says

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 10 Replies

The Sheriff office has an arrest warrant for now suspect/former person of interest 20-year-old Matthew Flugence due to his brother's information on the case and the brother is in jail for I believe obstruction and withholding information.  Matthew is also charged with the alleged sexual battery on an 11 year old. 

While the nation was waiting on the Zimmerman update, this was going on in my area. I am sorry she was found dead, but I am not surprised that it is a relative who may be responsible for it. Thanks to the cops who checked everyone out. Ahlittia North reported missing on Saturday UPDATED 9:21 AM CDT Jul 16, 2013 Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/missing-harvey-girl-found-dead-in-dumpster-mother-says/-/9853400/20995258/-/rlaeaf/-/index.html#ixzz2ZDiERv6l The mother of Ahlittia North told WDSU that Ahlittia was found dead in a trash can around midnight near their Harvey apartment. The mother said the family is waiting for more details when an autopsy is performed. The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office didn't immediately confirm the details from the family, but said that a 3 p.m. news conference would be held to update the public on the investigation. A makeshift memorial was being created at the site where people were leaving small stuffed animals after word of the girl's death. WDSU crews witnessed officials with the FBI at the scene. The Sheriff’s Office said Monday that it was looking for a person of interest in connection with the disappearance of North. The person of interest, 20-year-old Matthew Flugence, is a relative of hers, the Sheriff's Office said. Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/missing-harvey-girl-found-dead-in-dumpster-mother-says/-/9853400/20995258/-/rlaeaf/-/index.html#ixzz2ZDi02npc

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

How sad : (

Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM
So sad. What is it with so many adults taken the lives of children?.?.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Sad

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Yes it is and what is sad is that had this made the national news, it would have been look for a stranger, when it was someone in the family all along. That is why I believe everyone should be a suspect.
LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM

so sad..i worry about my children all the time. Especially my 5 yr old dd who is not afraid of strangers no matter how much she is taught about stranger danger. And to think a family member could be responsible!

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:48 AM

That is why I say look at everyone instead of the usual suspects. This is not to say the usual suspect should be looked at, I just think everyone should be looked at.  I don't know why folks get upset when it is someone who knows the child could be the murderer.  I honestly don't believe in stranger danger when most kids kidnapped/molested/murder is done by someone known to the family in 9 out of 10 cases.  At least not with what I've seen in the past 20-25 years.

Quoting LNLMommy:

so sad..i worry about my children all the time. Especially my 5 yr old dd who is not afraid of strangers no matter how much she is taught about stranger danger. And to think a family member could be responsible!

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM

that's an excellent point. If my child goes missing-everyone is a suspect in my eyes..family or no family

Quoting valhallaarwen:

That is why I say look at everyone instead of the usual suspects. This is not to say the usual suspect should be looked at, I just think everyone should be looked at.  I don't know why folks get upset when it is someone who knows the child could be the murderer.  I honestly don't believe in stranger danger when most kids kidnapped/molested/murder is done by someone known to the family in 9 out of 10 cases.  At least not with what I've seen in the past 20-25 years.

Quoting LNLMommy:

valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I was hoping that maybe it was someone who had just kidnapped her from a bad homelife when I heard her toothbrush and toothpaste had been taken.  She most likely trusted the person who took her.

jllcali
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM
How horrible!
valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

There is a press conference at 3.  I will give updates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)