Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

JEANTEL WARNED ZIMMERMAN COULD BE GAY RAPIST

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 40 Replies

Tue Jul 16 2013 11:55:00 ET

Last night Trayvon Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel gave CNN her first interview since testifying in the George Zimmerman murder trial.

Jeantel opened up and let loose on the murder case that gripped that nation.

She explained to CNN's Piers Morgan how she warned her childhood friend that Zimmerman -- could be a gay rapist!

MORGAN: You felt that there was no doubt in your mind from what Trayvon was telling you on the phone about the creepy ass cracka and so on, that he absolutely believed that George Zimmerman, this man, you didn't know who he was at the time, but this man, was pursuing him?

JEANTEL: Yes.

MORGAN: And he was freaked out by it?

JEANTEL: Yes. Definitely after I say may be a rapist, for every boy, for every man, every -- who's not that kind of way, seeing a grown man following them, would they be creep out?

She continued:

"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."

Developing...

source

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Oh my. She didn't say this during the trial? I watched much of her testimony, but not all. I will be honest, she was hard to watch.
candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Did she think trayvon was a homophobe?

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I know, right.   Maybe she just came up with it.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Oh my. She didn't say this during the trial? I watched much of her testimony, but not all. I will be honest, she was hard to watch.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

"And people need to understand, he didn't want that creepy ass cracker going to his father or girlfriend's house to go get -- mind you, his little brother was there. You know -- now, mind you, I told you -- I told Trayvon it might have been a rapist."

She said all this before,,,,this isn't developing...or new.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting candlegal:

Did she think trayvon was a homophobe?

A realistic fear of a young woman, to be out alone and being followed by strange man...is to be raped,

SHE feared he could be a rapist....and has said this BEFORE

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't watch all of her testimony. I heard the "creepy ass cracker" part, but nothing about his fear of him going to his house. It makes sense. The way it sounds, to me, is she spurred Trayvon's fear. I'm not saying his fear was unfounded in the first place.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Funny, it is the first time I have heard she thought he might be a gay rapist. When I get some time I will have to look it up. I think this is the first time she is saying this.
Quoting Stephanie329:

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't watch all of her testimony. I heard the "creepy ass cracker" part, but nothing about his fear of him going to his house. It makes sense. The way it sounds, to me, is she spurred Trayvon's fear. I'm not saying his fear was unfounded in the first place.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

BTW, the conservative media is now spinning this as it's HER fault that MARTIN attacked Zimmerman

so my post yesterday was completely ACCURATE about RACE, POLITICS and this case

Sick

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this needs to be well publicized not because he is or isn't. Because her saying this might have caused TM to feel he could turn around and confront this guy in the same manner that GZ felt he could confront TM. (No I am not saying they are the same but the initial rash decision can be.) We need to teach our children that their words matter even when they are not intending an action to happen. It is the similar mechanism a parent feels when their children tells them someone who is an adult is bad. We want to turn around and prevent this perceived bad but that is not always the best idea. It is a human impulse. 

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I hadn't heard that either. I'm still watching the trial though. I would think that comment would get a lot of attention. If this is true, too bad she didn't say it during her testimony. This could have given the jurors a clearer picture of why a fight ensued in the first place.

Quoting candlegal:

Funny, it is the first time I have heard she thought he might be a gay rapist. When I get some time I will have to look it up. I think this is the first time she is saying this.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN