Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dozens of Cops Dispatched to Shut Down ‘Illegal’ Lemonade Stand

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 29 Replies

Dozens of Cops Dispatched to Shut Down ‘Illegal’ Lemonade Stand

Jul 16 • Government Watch • 234 Views • 30 Comments

383 9 39 4 3  Share574

cunt-lemonade-copDo you suffer from Empirus Americanitus? The symptoms consist of a puffed out chest, lowered IQ, desire for violence, and a tendency to engage in and maintain illogical processes of thought. If you have three or more of these symptoms you should seek out a library straightaway. Immediately cease all television consumption and begin gardening therapy. The lack of violent stimulation, a lesser ignorance, and healthy diet should cure your Empirus Americanitus in just a few short weeks.

But seriously folks, at what point did America cross the threshold into the world of ridiculousness? Deploying dozens of police officers to shut down a lemonade stand is laughable. But it is also Orwellian. Has the state gotten so large that it must control all forms of human exchange no matter how small? What’s next, will we have to file for a permit to have children? Or request a permit to even seek out a spouse?

All empires reach the inevitable point of a government so large and corrupt that all human interaction must be exploited by the state. The Leviathan must be fed, and it is at the expense of the ones that it claims to serve. Luckily we live in the age of the internet. Individuals are educating themselves to the unjust system that is being built around us and resisting it, peacefully. If you want an over-regulated, crony system of special interest pandering, under the table deals, and a violent police state, please, remain apathetic and dismissive to the signs of autocracy. But, if you see the machine for what it is, a gang of murderous thieves imposing their will through the barrel of a gun, it is your duty to disobey.

People like Rosa Parks, Henry David Thoreau, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, John Locke, and Mahatma Gandhi, all disobeyed, they did it peacefully, and their actions changed the world for the better. Civil disobedience is a powerful statement that is hard to ignore. So grow that front yard garden, start that lemonade stand, and remember, that good people disobey bad laws.

Read more at http://www.realfarmacy.com/cops-shut-down-lemonade-stand/#5a8mZG4yIGRDBkGT.99 

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DusterMommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I'm sure the cops forced to shut down lemonade stands feel like total asses.
LuvmyAiden
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I love this, especially the last line.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Where are they selling and why is it a crime to be arrested to sell lemonade where they were at?

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This isn't the first time this has happened.   I think they shut down the stand of a little boy last time, can't remember where.

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

The government in a lot of cities now require you to have some kind of license to sell anything.   They want to make sure they get their piece of all pies.

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

Where are they selling and why is it a crime to be arrested to sell lemonade where they were at?

over40bride
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I'm sorry. Pretty much everyone knows you have to have a permit to sell lemon aid or anything in public. I think they knew this would happen and were hoping it would for the attention.

Even if they didn't know they needed a permit the by were told so by the cops yet they continued to break the law by still selling it. 

Stupid!

aandt1999
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Then why don't I need a permit to have a yard sale? These "laws" are getting more and more ignorant by the day.

Quoting over40bride:

I'm sorry. Pretty much everyone knows you have to have a permit to sell lemon aid or anything in public. I think they knew this would happen and were hoping it would for the attention.

Even if they didn't know they needed a permit the by were told so by the cops yet they continued to break the law by still selling it. 

Stupid!

aandt1999
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM

That cop had no right to touch his camera either. She did it THREE times. Such a freak on a power trip. 

lydias_mommy12
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM
In my small town you have to have a permit for a yard sale.

Quoting aandt1999:

Then why don't I need a permit to have a yard sale? These "laws" are getting more and more ignorant by the day.

Quoting over40bride:

Stupid!

aandt1999
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I have never heard of such a thing. I think it's ridiculous. Things are changing so much, and for the worse.

Quoting lydias_mommy12:

In my small town you have to have a permit for a yard sale.

Quoting aandt1999:

Quoting over40bride:

Stupid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)