Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Women accuses Zimmerman of molesting her as a child

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 30 Replies

Poll

Question: Does her story ring true?

Options:

Yes

No

I don't know

I wonder about the timing

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

A cousin of the white Hispanic man charged with killing a black unarmed teen told Florida authorities that the neighborhood watch volunteer molested her for 10 years when they were children, according to evidence made public Monday.

• George Zimmerman enters the courtroom before he appears before Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester during a bond hearing at the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, Fla., on June 29.

Joe Burbank, AP

George Zimmerman enters the courtroom before he appears before Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester during a bond hearing at the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, Fla., on June 29.

Joe Burbank, AP

George Zimmerman enters the courtroom before he appears before Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester during a bond hearing at the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center in Sanford, Fla., on June 29.

Sponsored Links

The release of the explosive statement comes after last-minute efforts by George Zimmerman's attorney to keep it sealed.

"This irrelevant statement should be withheld from public dissemination because of the substantial risk that the public disclosure will lead to widespread hostile publicity," Zimmerman lawyer Mark O'Mara said on his gzlegalcase.com website.

O'Mara said he will defend Zimmerman against the woman's allegations and release unspecified evidence about her statements.

Zimmerman faces a charge of second-degree murder in the killing of Trayvon Martin, 17, after the two got into an altercation Feb. 26. Zimmerman, 28, has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense.

The woman, identified only as Witness 9, was not a witness to Trayvon's killing. She called police a month after the shooting.

The woman's 27-minute recorded interview and 145 telephone calls Zimmerman had while in jail are part of a court-ordered release of evidence by prosecutor Angela Corey.

The woman tearfully recounts incidents she said began when she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 and she and her sister stayed with Zimmerman and his family.

She said Zimmerman assaulted her numerous times, groping her with his hands, kissing her, fondling her inside her pants and inserting his fingers in her vagina.

"I wanted to make it stop, but I didn't know how," she told investigators. She said she never said anything about the alleged abuse because she was scared.

She said the last incident occurred when she was 16 and they were in a house his family owned in Lake Mary, Fla. She said he told her to lie on a bed, then he lay down next to her and tried to massage her. She said she ran out of the room and the house and took off in her car.

In 2005, when she was 20, she said, she told her sister and parents that "something happened" but didn't provide details. She said she came forward now because, "for the first time in my life, I'm not afraid of him."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-16/zimmerman-abuse-prosecutor-trayvon/56253714/1

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM

If its true...I wonder if he will get off with that too.

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
What exactly would he be charged with? He was a child as well. 8 to her 6.

Quoting MomTiara19:

DusterMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Aaand I just realized it said the last happened when she was 16.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

His past is not exactly stellar.

We did know about this last year though- 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

would not be surprised... he appears to be a super criminal got off scot free with murder after all. Hopefully this jerk will get busted in the future like OJ

Coconutty4Hubby
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Zim The Molestor. Goodness Gracious. A Perv in addition to a homocidal maniac...

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I wonder if the person who said "the timing" read that she told her family in 2005 and went public with this a month after Zimmerman killed Trayvon. 

Looking4Truth
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM

How interesting that this "story" comes out right now.  If this truly happened, bringing it up now was not a very good idea.  A whole lot of people are going to doubt her just because of the timing.  Again, IF this truly happened, she and her parents should have done something about it when it happened....that at least would have made it sound much more legitimate.  However, IF this IS true, I certainly hope he gets prosecuted for it.  I was molested when I was 8, and I can't tolerate anyone who sexually abuses a child.  G. Zimmerman, if you ARE guilty of this, may you be found guilty and sent to prison for many many years! 

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM

He cannot be tried for it. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM

This was known last year. Top right hand corner of site- do a search.

Quoting Looking4Truth:

How interesting that this "story" comes out right now.  If this truly happened, bringing it up now was not a very good idea.  A whole lot of people are going to doubt her just because of the timing.  Again, IF this truly happened, she and her parents should have done something about it when it happened....that at least would have made it sound much more legitimate.  However, IF this IS true, I certainly hope he gets prosecuted for it.  I was molested when I was 8, and I can't tolerate anyone who sexually abuses a child.  G. Zimmerman, if you ARE guilty of this, may you be found guilty and sent to prison for many many years! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)