Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Alexander Fraser summed it up well

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
6 moms liked this

This FB commentary has made Guardian's list of Top 10 Commentaries and NPR ran a link to it.  

I think he has really captured what will and has become Zimmerman's present and future and maybe there is some karmic justice in it...maybe.  

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/alexandercfraser/posts/10100600518857296

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that. 

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw this yesterday- I think it's likely very accurate.

GZ is GZ's own worse enemy. He makes terrible decisions- He will have to live with the fallout- oh, well.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, yes, I agree.  Very powerful.  

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

prommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Cold chills. And sadness, but not for zimmerman, for a black man who has to go through life feeling this way  :(

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I agree. Very well put.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM
*yawn*
free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I just stumbled onto this post.   This is mind blowing, mind bogging and enlightenment.  I just commented in another post that GZ is Now going to feel like Trayvon felt when he pursued, stalked, and murdered him, and GZ is  going to be the one who is in Fear for His own life now. WOW.. And this:

"I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Powerful.   Chilling.  (D'n.)

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

thanks for the bump

Quoting 12hellokitty:

*yawn*

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

LIMom1105
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Very powerful and very true!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)