Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Coroner's Report is out: Monteith did overdose....

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 76 Replies
Coroner: Cory Monteith died of heroin, alcohol overdose

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — "Glee" actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner's office said Tuesday.

"There is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident," the office said in a statement.

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday, after he didn't check out on time. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Bing: Cory Monteith on 'Inside the Actor's Studio'

EDIT: Here's another source, straight out of CBC Canada...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/07/16/bc-cory-monteith-drug-death.html

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
How sad :(
Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM
That is a sad way to go. I think its sad when someone dies alone.drug addict or not
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I'm really surprised they got the results so quickly, in the states those types of things take weeks to get back.  

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM

So sad.  :-(

~"Free the child's potential, and you will transform both the child and the world."

Dr. Maria Montessori~

KGreen75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I wonder if his girlfriend lea Michele also does heroin...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I also want to add that I truly don't understand how young people are getting involved in herion.  There is just so much we know about the drug and the horrible cost of it's use.  I just don't understand how that even is still "in fashion".  

Mommabearbergh
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Makes me wonder what are we doing wrong when it comes to things like that

Quoting katy_kay08:

I'm really surprised they got the results so quickly, in the states those types of things take weeks to get back.  

tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I don't think the show can survive his death. His character was the heart and soul.
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not terribly shocked. They tend to be far more efficient at processing in Canada than they are here. Also, they don't have the huge backlog that we do, because Canada just doesn't have the same high crime rate. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

BPonderal
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Theyre saying on the news that there were no illegal dtugs found in his system.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)