Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man with CP, climbs El Capitan - makes one realize what one can accomplish!!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Elyssa414
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I just showed that video to my foster son who is non-verbal and has spastic CP- very similar to this man, I think, (looks like), and he made me play it through 2 more times! Made me get all teary! I asked him if he's going to climb a mountain some day, and he smiled and nodded. :)

I guess I'm trying to say, Thanks for Sharing!
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Amazing- what a strong man.

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxqe77-Am3w

See this without your foster son first - it will literally take your breath away. This should be shown to every father everywhere. 

This father, ex marine, started with his son in a wheelchair for the final of a 5k. His last races were the Ironman. 

Let me know what you think. 

Quoting Elyssa414:

I just showed that video to my foster son who is non-verbal and has spastic CP- very similar to this man, I think, (looks like), and he made me play it through 2 more times! Made me get all teary! I asked him if he's going to climb a mountain some day, and he smiled and nodded. :)

Elyssa414
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I've seen articles about him before. Absolutely amazing. That video was so moving.

Our little guy had a rough start, and at 9, has so much "learned helplessness" it's so hard for him to TRY to do anything. He wants to make us happy, but has very little motivation to do things for himself... I love taking him to wheelchair events where he can see how much he could accomplish just the way he is! He's finally starting to have more pride about his accomplishments, and it's so SO good to see!

Quoting momto3B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxqe77-Am3w

See this without your foster son first - it will literally take your breath away. This should be shown to every father everywhere. 

This father, ex marine, started with his son in a wheelchair for the final of a 5k. His last races were the Ironman. 

Let me know what you think. 

Quoting Elyssa414:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN