Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

‘I Did What Joe Biden Told Me to Do’

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 46 Replies

A Washington man who fired his shotgun into the air to scare away alleged car prowlers pleaded not guilty on Wednesday, citing Vice President Joe Biden’s questionable gun advice as the reason he took that specific action.

Jeffery Barton, 52, of Vancouver, Wash., is charged with one count of illegal aiming or discharging a firearm. He was arraigned in Clark County Court on Wednesday.

Mans Defense Against Gun Charges: I Did What Joe Biden Told Me to Do

Vice President Joe Biden, left, on Feb. 20, 2013. Jeffrey Barton of Vancouver cited Biden in his defense of a case where he fired a gun in the air, July 17, 2013 (White House, KOIN 6 News)

Barton admitted to firing his weapon in the air while chasing away people he thought were breaking into his vehicles early Monday morning, according to law enforcement officials. Deputies have not been able to find any evidence of prowlers on Barton’s property, but are looking into a large party that got out of control that same night.

“I did what Joe Biden told me to do,” Barton told KOIN outside the courtroom on Wednedsay. “I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air.”

Now, one might think that the advice of the vice president of the United States would be at least somewhat reliable — or at least reliable enough that when you take that advice, you won’t end up in jail.

However, taking Biden’s advice on guns could mean criminal charges.

“If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barreled shot gun,” Biden said in a previous interview.

“I said ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here…put that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,” the vice president added. “I promise you, whoever is coming in is not gonna– you don’t need an AR-15. It’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use and, in fact, you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.”

Minnow Slayer

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

HaHa

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I'm so over all these fools.
Megan11587
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM
LMAO.
Megan11587
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:43 AM
8 moms liked this
I dont know who is a bigger idiot- Joe Biden or someone who listens to anything Joe Biden says.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Anyone who follows Biden's directions is an idiot.

lga1965
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM
3 moms liked this

What would YOU do, Carpy? Instead of what Biden suggested. Hmmm?

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:32 AM
6 moms liked this

She would aim for the person's head with her Uzi. lol.

Quoting lga1965:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
5 moms liked this

Well, I certainly would not fire in the air.  You state that like you think  are posting something brilliant.

Quoting lga1965:

Minnow Slayer

lga1965
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I state that as a question for a gun expert, a gun fan, a gun dealer....an advocate for defending your home and property with a lethal weapon. So, what would you do? If you wanted to stop someone from breaking in. That's what ths guy did---he fired warning shots to convince those who were about to break into his home to stop , supposedly.

According to what most of you gun owners have said here at CM, you would shoot first and make it worthwhile.

Have you changed your mind?

Quoting Carpy:

Well, I certainly would not fire in the air.  You state that like you think  are posting something brilliant.

Quoting lga1965:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM

There is no accounting for stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)