Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Zimmerman Verdict - A very uncomfortable truth.

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Miss-B
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with much of the girl's message- and she is right, it is about education and not wearing a T-shirt in solidarity. I do not get her message of not being them (how can we be?) or her thought about "victimology." TM was a victim - why ignore that fact? TM was WRONGLY targeted as another criminal asshole- it must be acknowledged. Without the WRONG targeting, there would have been no nose punch, head scrapes or fatal GSW to the chest; no cry of "self defense"-

I did not raise my kids with the stereotypes- I like to walk the walk-

Hope the known folks on this site who find "certain folks inferior" to themselves, take the time to watch- and to truly educate their kids- azzhats come in all packages- How many have educated against the advances of a fat, armed bastardo?

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM

She was referencing the t-shirts saying "I am TM" being worn by those who are not and will never be the same type of victim that TM and others like him are. 

I was in Paris with friends a few years back. We are all white, over 40, well dressed and were still followed around the Hermes store. Not sure if they were desperate to sell us things, afraid we would man handle the merchandise or actually steal something. Regardless, we left and felt like we needed a shower.  It was a stark realization about how black kids/people must feel quite a bit of the time.  It was not a good feeling. 

Quoting Sisteract:

I agree with much of the girl's message- and she is right, it is about education and not wearing a T-shirt in solidarity. I do not get her message of not being them (how can we be?) or her thought about "victimology." TM was a victim - why ignore that fact? TM was WRONGLY targeted as another criminal asshole- it must be acknowledged. Without the WRONG targeting, there would have been no nose punch, head scrapes or fatal GSW to the chest; no cry of "self defense"-

I did not raise my kids with the stereotypes- I like to walk the walk-

Hope the known folks on this site who find "certain folks inferior" to themselves, take the time to watch- and to truly educate their kids- azzhats come in all packages- How many have educated against the advances of a fat, armed bastardo?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)