Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh yes! I'm going there. Baby vs. Embryo

Posted by   + Show Post

Here’s a test:

I’m holding a baby in one hand and a petri dish holding an embryo in the other.

I’m going to drop one. You chose which.

If you really truly believe an embryo is the same thing as a baby, it should be impossible for you to decide. You should have to flip a coin, that’s how impossible the decision should be.

Shot in the dark, you saved the baby.

Because you’re aware there’s a difference.

Now admit it.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
collectivecow
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

popcorn

punky3175
by Punky on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Agreed.

Quoting NWP:

I think so too

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I personally love this post, but the people that this post is being directed towards will ignore it for lack of an answer.
romalove
by Roma on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM
9 moms liked this

Quoting 2Gs:

People who post shit like usually are trying to justify having or wanting to have an abortion. 

So do you have an answer for her question?

And welcome to the forum!

2Gs
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Everyone will dive for the baby - even if you're pro-life.  Because the baby has a better chance of living.  An embreo could end up in a natural miscarriage etc. 

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM
16 moms liked this

Exactly. That's exactly the point. The embryo is NOT A BABY. 

I am 100% pro choice. 

Want an abortion? Fine. 

Want to keep it? Fine. 

Want to give it up for adoption? Fine. 

But don't sit there and tell me you would would save the embryo if I dropped both at the same time. You know you'd dive for the baby because you are a decent fucking human being and you know there's a difference, a huge difference, between the two. 

Quoting 2Gs:

People who post shit like usually are trying to justify having or wanting to have an abortion. 

punky3175
by Punky on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM
11 moms liked this
Not at all. Pro-life v pro-choice is a hot topic. This is just an attempt to illicit conversation. And by your response I'm guessing you are 'pro-life' and see the validity of her argument. And you don't like that you see and understand it. And would opt to save the baby rather than the embryo.

Quoting 2Gs:

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM
6 moms liked this

Oh Nice deflection. Hahahahaha. 

But you see the difference. They aren't the same thing. Too many assholes are walking around calling them the same thing when they are not. 

Quoting 2Gs:

Everyone will dive for the baby - even if you're pro-life.  Because the baby has a better chance of living.  An embreo could end up in a natural miscarriage etc.

2Gs
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
24 moms liked this

I'm actually pro-choice myself.  But I think abortion is a horrible choice.   And I'm sad for anyone who has to make it.  1.2 million abortions are performed in the US every year.  There are 7 million infertile couples and countless methods of birth control out there.  Plus there are tons of resources for women who want to keep their baby.

It's a life.  It totally is.  I don't know how anyone can ignore science.  I've been pregnant 4 times and lost 4 babys (one set of twins).  I had one and adopted one so I've sat through quite a few ultrasounds in my day. 

I say everyone deserves the choice to abort.  But it is a baby.  And if you aborted it you killed it.  Now live with yourself.   What I don't like is people pretending they aborted a marshmallow or something.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting 2Gs:

So do you have an answer for her question?

And welcome to the forum!

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh but wait! They would pick the baby cause the embryo could end up as a miscarriage. 

Oh that made me laugh. The head warping justification. That took mental gymnastics worthy of an Olympic gold medal. 

Quoting NWP:
I think so too
Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I personally love this post, but the people that this post is being directed towards will ignore it for lack of an answer.
2Gs
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this

They are both alive.  

Quoting mehamil1:

Oh Nice deflection. Hahahahaha. 

But you see the difference. They aren't the same thing. Too many assholes are walking around calling them the same thing when they are not. 

Quoting 2Gs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured