Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

solar flares

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

idk if anyone else seen it but i was watching the weather channel and they had a thing on about solar flares that was really interesting, saying that if we ever actually got hit with one it would be the end for us bc the world depends on satelites.  we would probably live but there would be no medicine, no authority, no communcation, no government! it makes me realize how sad and pathetic we are depending on technolgy! but NASA has tried to ask the government for some money to make some extra protection since our magnetic surface that protects the earth is weakening, and the goverment is giving a hard time bc funding is so scarse!  this is really sad.  where does all our money go? and its not just public assitance, there are other things the government is spending money on, i think this is very important and they need to look into this!

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM

That does sound scary.  Do you have a link or article that talks about this further?

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM

let me see if i can find it online, it was on tv so ill go to the website

Quoting stacymomof2:

That does sound scary.  Do you have a link or article that talks about this further?

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I'm more concerned with the drop in bee population and the pollination of our food supply. 

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I cant find the actual artical anywhere but the show i was watching was called earth secrets:magnetic sheild! its actually showing the repeat on tv now! if i find anything ill post it! but nothing im finding is giving me the info i had from the show

Quoting stacymomof2:

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM

i didnt really hear about that! i happend to be watching tv and this was on

Quoting autodidact:

I'm more concerned with the drop in bee population and the pollination of our food supply. 

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Solar flare activity goes in 8 year cycles and is one of the main reasons why satellites get all squirrelly. 

What needs to happen is to update all that damn infrastructure. But oh no! We need to build more weapons. 

The bulk of the money the fed government spends is on the military. Social programs are a drop in the bucket. 

spotsmom
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Exactly right.

Quoting mehamil1:

Solar flare activity goes in 8 year cycles and is one of the main reasons why satellites get all squirrelly. 

What needs to happen is to update all that damn infrastructure. But oh no! We need to build more weapons. 

The bulk of the money the fed government spends is on the military. Social programs are a drop in the bucket. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I think it's the same level of b.s. that Y2K was.

Yeah, it would be hard for a while, to adapt to no cellphones...

But I'm pretty sure all the doctors in the world won't suddenly forget how to practice medicine because they can't google the symptoms anymore...

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM

yep i read that somewhere to! the percentage! its so dumb!

Quoting mehamil1:

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM

thats what i was thinking bc this happend in 1859 and it didnt effect anyone bc they didn have all this crap we have now! we survived before, we can again! ill always remember that, too many people are dependant on these things

Quoting LindaClement:

I think it's the same level of b.s. that Y2K was.

Yeah, it would be hard for a while, to adapt to no cellphones...

But I'm pretty sure all the doctors in the world won't suddenly forget how to practice medicine because they can't google the symptoms anymore...

Harley Konstantinestork

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)