Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

*EDIT* Anti-choice people: Why do you want millions of children born into poverty?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 509 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't understand what anti-choice people want.  Do you really want millions more children born into poverty and out of wedlock with few fathers sticking around to help raise them?  What good will this do?

*EDIT*

I used the term anti-choice because I am specifically referencing people who want to outlaw abortion/close abortion clinics.  Unfortunately too many people erroneously think they are pro-life when they are actually pro-choice so I cannot use the term pro-life any longer.  People who do NOT want abortion to become illegal but who would not choose abortion for themselves MISTAKENLY call themselves pro-life.  Here are the correct definitions:

pro-life:  someone who wants to outlaw abortion

pro-choice:  someone who wants abortion to remain legal. It doesn't mean they would ever have an abortion.  Even if a person would NEVER have an abortion they are still PRO-CHOICE if they do NOT want abortion outlawed.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Please don't make this about abortion. This is about the consequences a successful anti-choice campaign.  I want to know what they hope to gain from making abortion unavailable.

garnet83
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM
13 moms liked this

No. I want women who aren't prepared for children to keep their legs closed. Eliminates the possibility of both pregnancy and abortion. Problem solved.

realsuccessthefamilyialwayswanted.blogspot.com

thethingaboutchristians.blogspot.com

punky3175
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
17 moms liked this
So happily married women who are done having kids should no longer have sex with their husbands?

Quoting garnet83:

No. I want women who aren't prepared for children to keep their legs closed. Eliminates the possibility of both pregnancy and abortion. Problem solved.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
10 moms liked this

I think that most people just aren't big-picture thinkers.  They don't draw the thought out past the immediate situation.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM
3 moms liked this
It really wouldn't solve the problem.

Quoting garnet83:

TexanMomOf6
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
7 moms liked this

Add to the adoption, foster care system and prison systems.

Oh wait. You said "good'.....um.....I got nothing. 

garnet83
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
6 moms liked this

If you'd choose to have an abortion, I think celibacy is the way to go. I consider abortion one of the most barabic practices of our society. I know it's not popular, but it's my opinion. However, abortion doesn't seem to be going anywhere and my opinion isn't going to impact it. Still not going to change it though.

Quoting punky3175:

So happily married women who are done having kids should no longer have sex with their husbands?

Quoting garnet83:

realsuccessthefamilyialwayswanted.blogspot.com

thethingaboutchristians.blogspot.com

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting garnet83:

Then why don't you and the other anti-choicers start a campaign with that aim, instead of making abortion illegal?

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Abortions are not limited to poor people, single people, nor are they merely done because fathers don't want to be good dads.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN