Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

We don't agree but...

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this

Things I'm surprised, as women, moms, human) we all don't agree on:

Continuing to poop (human poop) in someone's yard is bad and should be discouraged.

Men will never fully understand a woman's body because they lack the necessary biological equipment to do so.

If you're on the street being followed, you have the right to react several different ways.

17 years old is not mature and definitely not a man.

Impoverished and underprivileged children deserve the same advantages in life as those more financially gifted.

Being President must be an extremely difficult job.

What are YOU surprised we don't agree on?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 12:27 PM
5 moms liked this

I am only surprised when people agree.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting lizzielouaf:

What are YOU surprised we don't agree on?

Torture is wrong.

It matters what other people believe, when their beliefs affect their actions.

The validity of arguments, and the reliability of evidence, are important.

Language is an imperfect method of conveying meaning.

The humans sitting at keyboards across the world, reading the words you type on your computer, are just as deserving of consideration as the people you physically meet in the street.  If you wouldn't slap a passerby in the face with a wet herring, just for laughs, then neither should you do the equivalent online.

jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That "no soliciting" applies to religious proselytizing.

That ill mannered and unkempt dogs do not belong in the grocery store just because you think it's cute and unfair that service animals are allowed in the store and not your disgusting little asshole dog. (general you/your)

That Rush Limbaugh is a drama seeking asshat.
tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

That mayo is a product of Satan.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree but throw, blech, miracle whip in there.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

That mayo is a product of Satan.

Looking4Truth
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I'm not at all surprised that people disagree, but what does surprise and shock me is the venom in everyone who just wants to argue.  Just because someone disagrees with you, maybe even 100%, does not mean that it needs to lead to a nasty argument where people insult each other, cuss like they were never taught manners, call other people names, or make fun of someone else.  We all have the right to disagree, and everyone's personal life experience is different.  Even people who might always agree with each other come from different backgrounds, upbringing and life experiences.  Still, from all the  antagonism, cruelty, and veiled hatred I've seen at CafeMom in a lot of the women here (Not all women), it leaves me with no doubt as to why we don't have peace in our country and even in our shared world.   I don't understand, why women of all people, can't learn to respect each other.  Aren't women supposed to be the sex that can calm down even the worst fight between their children, and even between their friends?  Yet a lot of the women here, especially in this particular group, can't even control their own barely concealed rage when someone says something they don't agree with.  Anyway, this is what shocks me the most.  Times have definitely changed for the worse, and some of us women are helping it right along.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM
It is human nature to disagree...

;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM
The thing about the children definitely! I will never understand people that complain because children get free lunch or people that actually think that every child has equal opportunity!

That racism still exists

famiglia_bella
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I'm always surprised when people think there is no racism anymore.  But other than that, I don't know... With so many cultures, regions, and upbringing and religions, etc..., I expect disagreement.  I don't get the arguing about it.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Obviously but I'm still surprised by, on occasion, the topic of which a group of women disagree on.
For example, all children 3 and under should always be in a car seat when riding in a car. Seems reasonable and a topic every one would hail as gospel but no.
Post a topic on Coke v Pepsi, I expect all hell to break loose.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

It is human nature to disagree...

;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)