Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Kids React to Controversial Cheerios Commercial

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I LOVE these Kids!

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." —Professor Snape

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanetMonroe1991
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Love this as well. 

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My kids watched this with me in the car. They didn't understand why anyone would be upset over the family either. Our family is extremely diverse, however, so it just wouldn't be something they would notice or care about.
zoo003
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Ah....out of the mouth of babes!  I love this!   

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Those are great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Thay was such a sweet commercial. The little girl wanted to keep her Daddy's heart healthy so she poured Cheerios on his chest. My grandkids thought it was cute. We didn't think anything else except that it was so cute.

Then I read that it was "controversial". Controversial? Nitwits,morons. Back to the 1950's I guess .

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Thanks for posting...their reactions are where this world is headed. Can't wait for that future!!
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

What gets me is Honestly I never Noticed that it was a biracial family till someone on CM pointed it out.. I love how these kids get it..

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM

BUMP!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter and I just watched it.

Very powerful, very true.

Tears.  For those who are so ignorant that they think the color of some one's skin should matter.  For those who have to deal with the complete ignorance of others.

Applauding the children in this video.  Strong, intelligent, kind and caring children who will grow up to carry that strong character in to their adult years.

famiglia_bella
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Kids get it.  I love the end when they speak directly to the people the commercial reflected.  That was healing for me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN