Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regular or irregular?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 46 Replies

Poll

Question: Of those who are of child bearing age and have a uterus, how many have irregular periods?

Options:

Regular- like clockwork

Mostly regular

Somewhat irregular

Irregular like a web made by a spider on acid

I'm postmenopausal/have no uterus and just wanted to see the results.

Other because I'm special

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 67

View Results

A comment in another post got me thinking.

How many of you have irregular periods?
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Jul. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM
bump
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I voted other because I took BC to be regular...i was all over the map and getting bad migraines until I started the pill. Also, I take the pill such that I get my period every three months instead every 28 days...that helps my migraines.
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I should clarify that I am currently pregnant so my previous post doesn't apply at the moment ;-)
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Completely irregular ever since I've had my iud. Before that, it was still fairly irregular, could happen a week one way or the other. Now? Absolutely no rhyme or reason whatsoever. 

viv212
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I'm pretty much regular. I know when I start gagging while brushing me teeth that my period will come in 1-2 weeks.
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Really? Is that a thing? Lately, my gag reflex is ridiculous part of the time (not all); I never considered it being tied to my period at all. 

Quoting viv212:

I'm pretty much regular. I know when I start gagging while brushing me teeth that my period will come in 1-2 weeks.

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM

regular, although I think my body is getting ready to start the change *queue scary music*

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Its been acting funny on me lately. Other than that, it has always been regular.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Back when I had my uterus I was very irregular in my teen/young adult years...that's why I was on the pill. I would go months and lastly, a whole year even while on the pill and never have a period. I was just that skinny and hovering under 100 pounds. Its also why I was 4.5 months pregnant before I knew..I wasn't having periods to miss.

viv212
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Yeah my gag reflex is extra sensitive right before my period. It started less than 2 years ago so that's how I was able to relate it to my period. Weird isn't it?

Quoting krysstizzle:

Really? Is that a thing? Lately, my gag reflex is ridiculous part of the time (not all); I never considered it being tied to my period at all. 

Quoting viv212:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured