Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you sleep well if White Supremacists were patrolling your neighborhood?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
  • 90 Replies

Des Moines dotted with fliers from white supremacist group

DES MOINES, Wash. -- Fliers landing on lawns in Des Moines are telling neighbors to "Sleep well, their neighborhood is being watched over" but that message has some families feeling anything but at ease .

It's literature from a white supremacist group called United Klans of America, which was once one the largest and most violent Ku Klux Klan organizations in the United States.

"I don't know any other (words) to say," said neighbor Steve Revis. "But I'd like to catch somebody like this and beat the hell out of 'em."

The message says "Neighborhood Watch…You can sleep well tonight knowing the UKA is awake."

Neighbors here's aren't happy about it.

"I wanted to pick them all up," Revis said. "I don't want our neighbors to know anybody here would think that way."

A call to the number printed on the literature gave a recorded message that you had reached the National Director of Aryan Nation and to leave a message.

Neighbors want to counter with a powerful message.

"It's disheartening, Revis said. "People don't need to be treated this way."

---
It looks like it also happened in Milford Conn. earlier this month.  

It happened in Milford Conn as well

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57592916-504083/kkk-group-united-klans-of-america-leaves-notes-for-conn-residents-report-says/

by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoscott
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Yuck.  

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Uh, no I would not feel safe and I'm white.  We are one of five or six white families in my apartment complex.  It's a safe gated complex and crazy people coming in to start trouble would not be welcome.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I would sleep like a baby.My husband is Italian and has a big family:)

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
3 moms liked this

I would be mortified and terrified.

I hope this neighborhood comes together and finds a way to let these people know they do not need their protection.  In doing so, I hope they do not find themselves the targets of these people.

Their mindset is devious, deranged and detrimental to society.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
4 moms liked this

This is so true. I would be mortified. I am white, and I don't want any truck with those idiots. NONE. I am white and they damn sure don't speak for me and I would not like those asshats in my nieghborhood or around my children. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I hope this neighborhood comes together and finds a way to let these people know they do not need their protection.  In doing so, I hope they do not find themselves the targets of these people.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would not be a happy camper either. I'm white but my husband is Islander. And I wouldn't want my neighborhood associated with any kind of racist or extremist group.
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM
5 moms liked this

like birth of a f*ckin nation come to life..they fancy themselves protectors of the American dream...They are in reality a DOMESTIC TERROR GROUP

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

me neither.  

I have family in Northern Idaho that got on the wrong side of the Aryan Nations when they were running in full force back in the 80s.  It was a scary time for my family and the last thing I would want is these types of assholes driving around my neighborhood under the cloak of darkness looking for trouble.  

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

This is so true. I would be mortified. I am white, and I don't want any truck with those idiots. NONE. I am white and they damn sure don't speak for me and I would not like those asshats in my nieghborhood or around my children. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Hell no.

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
I wonder what the purpose of the flyer was? Are there several UKA members in that neighborhood? Is the neighborhood full of minorities? Clearly they want their presence well known... I just wonder why now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured