Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kate Middleton Is in Labor: All the Official Details

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 40 Replies

Kate Middleton Is in Labor: All the Official Details

by Maressa Brown

kate middleton prince williamThis is IT! After what seems like foreeever, Kate Middleton is officially in labor! An official statement from Kensington Palace was released early today noting, "Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge has been admitted this morning to St. Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London in the early stages of labour. The Duchess traveled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge." YAY!

A source tells Us that just minutes before 6 a.m., Wiliiam and Kate arrived in a security officer-driven vehicle, and they were spotted entering the hospital's rear entrance. The palace says that when she was admitted, Kate was already in labor and also that her labor is progressing normally. (There is no suggestion that she was induced.)

And if all of this didn't already feel momentous enough, get this ... 

Shortly after the Duke and Duchess arrived, a loud clap of thunder was heard over west London. Whoa, right? So, make no mistake -- this royal baby is bound to make a grand entrance!

Still no definite idea of whether we're about to welcome a little Prince or Princess ... Apparently even Kate and Wills themselves don't know the sex of the baby and have chosen to be surprised, says a royal spokesperson. (Guess that buzz about Kate almost saying "daughter" and Harry spilling the beans that it's a boy was all a ruse?!)

One rumor that obviously proved to be true: Carole Middleton apparently said that her grandchild would be a Leo. The sun moves into regal Leo today, so that's most likely going to be the case (depending on what time the baby's born) ... Which makes it even more fitting that whether it's a boy or girl, the couple's firstborn will be third in line to the British throne, right after grandpa Prince Charles and new daddy Prince William. So exciting!

We're bound to get more info from the Palace as things progress, as well. Once the baby is born, a traditional notice will be posted on a wooden easel just inside Buckingham Palace railings -- the same one that was used to announce Prince William's birth in 1982 -- followed moments later by an electronic message to the media and the world. That's when we'll learn the baby's sex! Love it.

And following that, the baby will be seen publicly for the first time when the couple pose for pictures on the steps of the hospital. It's possible that's when they'll also share the name, but it could instead follow in a few days. Judging from history, it could go either way ... William's name was released several days post-hospital and Harry's as the family left St. Mary's. Also, a senior source tells People that it's "unlikely" that the Queen will visit Kate and Wills and the baby in the hospital. Instead, they'll probably bring the baby to his or her great-grandmother.

In the meantime, we know Kate is being attended to by a team headed by royal gynecologist Marcus Setchell and Dr. Alan Farthing. There are also thought to be some anesthetists, midwives, and nurses attending to Kate.

We know the royal mama-to-be is in good hands and all sounds beyond exciting. Can't wait for more happy news from across the pond!

Any thoughts or advice for the Duchess?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Good luck to them. As an aside why is it that other people's pregnancies go so quick and my own seemed like they lasted years! Lol I can't believe she is due already.
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I think it's exciting :)  

Good luck to them! 

owl0210
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I love this stuff!
carlyshort
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm just impressed she's going to do it all natural breastfeed and only have a nanny for official duty stuff.

Congrats to them!
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
6 moms liked this

*snicker* I bet they didn't send HER home to walk it off until the contractions get closer!

redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

"Royal gynecologist"...LMAO!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
They'll be so cute as a little family.
MommyOK
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

lol...yeah...been there done that...:)

Quoting Woodbabe:

*snicker* I bet they didn't send HER home to walk it off until the contractions get closer!

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Lol. They sent me home at 6pm and I was back at 8:30, delivered at 9:25pm. What do they know ? ;-)

This is exciting !

Quoting Woodbabe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM

SO cool!  Ooh, I hope it's a girl!  I can't wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured