Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

George Zimmerman Helps Rescue Family From Car Crash -- Why Are People Shocked?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 51 Replies

George Zimmerman Helps Rescue Family From Car Crash -- Why Are People Shocked?

by Kiri Blakeley

Reportedly, George Zimmerman has helped rescue a family from a car crash. And the shocker is that people are shocked! Apparently a Ford Explorer ran off the road and overturned with a family of four inside. Bum-dah-dah-dumm!! George to the rescue!! George, who has been lying low since his acquittal in the Trayvon Martin case, was nearby -- at a location not far from the Martin shooting -- and came to help with a friend. "Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy," said a police statement. The weird thing is that people are shocked, SHOCKED that he would stop to help! Helllo??? What do you think ol' Georgie was doing on the night Trayvon was killed? Playing hero. Badly. Murderingly. But playing.

This time, thankfully, George's "help" did not end up with anyone dead and the family is reportedly doing fine.

But those who despise George are pointing out that the family was white, as if he'd only stop to help white people. Those who worship George are inflating his contribution with headlines like, "George Zimmerman Saves Family From Burning Car!" Uhhh, no.

What George did that night when Trayvon Martin tragically was killed has nothing to do with what happened when George came across a car accident. I never saw George as a monster, as many others have. I saw him as a paranoid guy with an inflated ego who thought he should single-handedly make his neighborhood safe -- even if that meant confronting a young man who wasn't breaking into a house, wasn't spray painting a wall, and wasn't stealing anyone's tires. A young man who was walking! George confronted him because he was young, black, wore a hoodie, and appeared to not belong to the neighborhood. Duh.

Then things escalated.

But I don't think he set out to kill him. So why would anyone be shocked that he helped people out of a car?

We could argue whether he would have helped four black young men out of a rolled-over car -- but that would be silly.

What do you think about what George did?

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GOBryan
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I saw this yesterday and heard many ridiculous comments on how this was staged, blah, blah, blah.  

Those people should be lucky he was there and helped because like many others, he could have just passed them by. 

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think anything about it.  He simply did what I would have done..except he happened to have a fire extinguisher in his truck.  I would like to think helping an accident victim would be automatic and not the least bit shocking.

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Because he's racist & a horrible person! /sarcasm

Yes, responsible people carry fire extinguishers in their vehicles. I do. Don't you?

People also overlook all the things he's done in his life without bragging or having to justify it PRIOR to this own Martin instance.....yet .... he's still being pegged a racist. And people are even claiming that THIS was staged!!!

Peytonsmom6308
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a fire extinguisher in my car, it's in that hazard kit thing. Flares a flash light and something else too. It's not that odd
motherslove82
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
It seems to be right in line with what he's always done. Whatever his motives, he does try to help people.

I also think It's what most people would do. It's good that this situation hasn't prevented him from trying to help others.
MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Soo. . .to sum up:

People GZ is responsible for killing: 1.

People GZ is responsible for saving: 4. 

That brings his killed to saved ratio to 1:4. 

I suppose it could be worse.

Then again, GZ's friend also helped that family, and that guy's ratio was probably 0:4 -- which is excellent, if you ask me.

Really, the key is keeping the "People whose violent death I'm responsible for" number down.  I hope that GZ keeps that in mind from now on.

MsDenuninani
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM

(The response above was largely tongue-in-cheek.  Really, I try not to judge people by the worst thing they've ever done, and I'm happy that he was there to help them. There are people out there who faced with that scenario would not have had the tools, or courage to help.)

littlelamb303
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
6 moms liked this

I am sick of hearing about what a "hero" this man is.  I don't feel justice was served and I don't want to hear about anything he supposedly did.  The family was already on their way out , on their own.  Z is no hero.  His name alone disgusts me, along with his supporters.

jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
3 moms liked this
The family isn't lucky he was there. They are lucky they weren't injured in the crash.

Untrained rescuers or rescuers without proper equipment can cause grave harm to injured persons in an emergency situations. Most of the time, an untrained rescuer helping an uninjured person will not cause grave harm. The problem arises when a "rescuer" attempts to help an injured person without proper training or equipment.

Does anyone have a link to the story showing the vehicle involved in the accident?
jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this
He didn't actually save anyone. All the articles I read said they weren't injured. He just helped them. Which of course is a good thing. But it's not like he ran into a burning building or anything else the vast majority of people wouldn't do.

Quoting MsDenuninani:

Soo. . .to sum up:

People GZ is responsible for killing: 1.

People GZ is responsible for saving: 4. 

That brings his killed to saved ratio to 1:4. 

I suppose it could be worse.

Then again, GZ's friend also helped that family, and that guy's ratio was probably 0:4 -- which is excellent, if you ask me.

Really, the key is keeping the "People whose violent death I'm responsible for" number down.  I hope that GZ keeps that in mind from now on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN