Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids on the Cheerios Debate...OMG!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

This is a bit long...9 minutes or so but well worth the time.  In particular, I might want to take the girl with the freckles home!

http://www.upworthy.com/a-debate-over-a-controversial-ad-just-got-owned-by-a-bunch-of-kids?c=ufb1

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I saw this earlier, and was thinking the same about that little girl. She's 8, maybe, but incredibly intelligent. Her parents must be proud!

lga1965
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM
:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM

They were all darling., but she stood out!  They absolutely should all be proud.  I hope more parents are raising children this way!

Quoting aehutmacher:

I saw this earlier, and was thinking the same about that little girl. She's 8, maybe, but incredibly intelligent. Her parents must be proud!

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
aehutmacher
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I have to admit feeling encouraged by these kids. You know, that maybe our future is bright after all. I mean, my heart breaks when I hear racist/sexist comments, but then to hear the children of our future react so passionately about this obvious injustice, it makes me believe that maybe the world that my children will experience CAN be a better one than we're living now.

here's  to our future - may many more parents raise their children to see - and fight - these acts of discrimination.

Quoting Elkamelka:

They were all darling., but she stood out!  They absolutely should all be proud.  I hope more parents are raising children this way!

Quoting aehutmacher:

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

This!  So much this! 

Quoting aehutmacher:

I have to admit feeling encouraged by these kids. You know, that maybe our future is bright after all. I mean, my heart breaks when I hear racist/sexist comments, but then to hear the children of our future react so passionately about this obvious injustice, it makes me believe that maybe the world that my children will experience CAN be a better one than we're living now.

here's  to our future - may many more parents raise their children to see - and fight - these acts of discrimination.

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting aehutmacher:

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My interracial/multicultural family watched this video.My family and kids gave it the thumbs up:)

Living proof some of us are color blind:)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The girl who cried at the end had me in tears, my daughter said I'm glad someone understands that the things said were really hurtful...

The blonde boy was adorable

The one boy who looks bi-racial is also adorable and both him and the blonde boy with the puzzled looks were so cute

♥ this

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

That girl has a modeling career in her future.  Simply gorgeous...all of them, from the inside out!

I loved when they were asked if they knew what was wrong with the parents, and they all fought so hard to have the correct answer; yet none of them knew what was wrong! 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The girl who cried at the end had me in tears, my daughter said I'm glad someone understands that the things said were really hurtful...

The one boy who looks bi-racial is also adorable and both him and the blonde boy with the puzzled looks were so cute

♥ this

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Yes, she was gorgeous!

I was waiting for one of the kids to say something like...Daddy is laying down when he should be up! lol

Quoting Elkamelka:

That girl has a modeling career in her future.  Simply gorgeous...all of them, from the inside out!

I loved when they were asked if they knew what was wrong with the parents, and they all fought so hard to have the correct answer; yet none of them knew what was wrong! 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

♥ this

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The little black girl was the funniest...she was coming up with an answer one way or another! 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Yes, she was gorgeous!

I was waiting for one of the kids to say something like...Daddy is laying down when he should be up! lol

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

♥ this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)