Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Royal Baby Name is George Alexander Louis

Posted by   + Show Post

Breaking news on CNN, so no official link yet.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Replies (151-160):
gdiamante
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I don't care for "George" myself, although it's the name of a very dear friend. I am curious, though, as to what you would consider to be a "modern" name?

Quoting janieishappy:

It's not modern here, its not a name I think of as modern. 

Are you seriously just looking this stuff up just so you have an arugument against me? I'm just here saying what I think about the name. OK no big deal, no need to fuss. 

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I'd love to see that baby album!

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM

My sister says, 'now they have a little baby who they will love and cuddle and call him George...'

Yay, Bugs Bunny!

Mazou80
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Yes, I am :) I totally loooved the joke! I will keep it mind! My FIL and MIL were barely speaking to me in the Christening because I did not choose any of their names for my baby! I hate pressure and by no means would I name her sth i did not l did not like..I made all the struggle why should they have a say??? So there they were red with anger..:) i say time for some..innovation!
Thanks again for the joke! So many with the name Manolis indeed! And so many Greeks in your lovely, besutiful country!! Many greetings from here!

Quoting turtle68:

Are you Greek?

My SIL named her boy after her dad because my brother didnt mind (and isnt Greek LOL) but not her daughter.  Her sister named her boy after her husbands dad and her daughter after her mother.

Her in Australia there was a joke about the saying being "every Tom, Dick and Harry" being changed to "every Con, Nick and Manny (short for Manolis)  as everyone was being named after the fathers LOL

Quoting Mazou80:

Funny. In my country it is tradition to give a baby the name of one of his living grandparents: it is meant to make them happy. If it is a boy normally the husbands father name if it is a girl the wifes mother name. I hate it and did not follow it.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Says who?

All 3 of my children are named after living relatives...

And what about all of those juniors out there?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting DSamuels:

I am surprised there's no Charles in there. William is William Philip Arthur Louis, I'm guessing the Philip after his grandfather prince Philip.

You can't name a child after a living relative, it is bad luck. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:34 AM

The night before the name came out, my sister had a dream they named their baby Alexander.

lucy164
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

i was hoping for prince philip.

Shani527
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Marty mcflys father...ya know back to the future movies. Which ever one he goes back to the 50s. His daddy was a nerd but got the girl :)

Quoting rosewind13:

Obviously, I babysat toddlers for to long, lol. Who is George Mcfly?

Quoting Shani527:

I hear george, i think of george mcfly :)

Quoting rosewind13:

I think it's kind of cute. All I can think of is Curious George, lol.

janieishappy
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM

A name found to be used more often during this era

Quoting gdiamante:

I don't care for "George" myself, although it's the name of a very dear friend. I am curious, though, as to what you would consider to be a "modern" name?

Quoting janieishappy:

It's not modern here, its not a name I think of as modern. 

Are you seriously just looking this stuff up just so you have an arugument against me? I'm just here saying what I think about the name. OK no big deal, no need to fuss. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
askyourmother
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Big name for a little baby! I love all the names in history that the royals have been naming their babies. My favorite is Henry.
tamzinsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That's a cute name. It's very strong, no doubt he will grow into it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)