• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rant! Feel free to jump in.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
  • 71 Replies
OK, I usually don't care if someone wants to live on welfare. If they think it's fine to not want to better themselves that's their problem but here's what got me. the city I live in has had a consistent 1500 jobs available over the last 5 months. There are help wanted signs everywhere. The Low income housing aka the "crack stacks" were all remodeled this last year and look great. the reason to meet the states requirements to charge for the housing. OK, this is still good. Now, the crack stacks allow pets. I guess the issue I am having is that the welfare moms that are in here and letting their boyfriends and baby daddies live in there with them illegally, that can't afford food or clothes or give their kids rides to school or find time to work can now take on extra expenses such as dogs and cats. How the hell is this right? WTF!!!!?????
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM
8 moms liked this

Nice.  I'd say you have too much time on your hands.

SuperChicken
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
11 moms liked this

Ok, I usually don't care if someone wants to pretend they're better than everyone else.   If they think it's find to sit around putting others down that's their problem but here's what got me.    The city you live in has someone who clearly spends a lot of time worried about how everyone else just isn't living the way that someone thinks they should, but said someone doesn't seem to notice the plank in her eye.  How the hell is this right?  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

JoyfulinSD
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I never said or thought I was better than them. I struggle with the kids walking around dirty snot faced and saying they're hungry when their parents have the money to get the shots and tags for animals. BTW, the shots and pet permits total about $125 yearly. I can't help but to notice it, I work across the street from this. The crack stack name is not one I gave the place, it's the name that the people actually call it that live there. My DH's family was extremely poor and lived in them when they first moved to town years ago.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Just get over the drama.  There are as many reasons for poverty as there are people.  Lumping people is always wrong

Quoting JoyfulinSD:

I never said or thought I was better than them. I struggle with the kids walking around dirty snot faced and saying they're hungry when their parents have the money to get the shots and tags for animals. BTW, the shots and pet permits total about $125 yearly. I can't help but to notice it, I work across the street from this. The crack stack name is not one I gave the place, it's the name that the people actually call it that live there. My DH's family was extremely poor and lived in them when they first moved to town years ago.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this

While you bitched about the poor, a giant billion corporation just pocketed about $9,000 from the government, paid for by taxes. Just in that time. In the time it took me to write this, they are probably at $27,000 or more. 

You can bitch about this all you want. However, I would highly recommend that you read the Welfare to Work act of 1996. Educate yourself about WHY people are poor. Look at the economics of poverty. 

I live in Chicago. The housing projects were torn down. Why? Because there was an outbreak of cholera. You won't find that in the news though. This city, which runs on corruption, buried it. Instead, they kicked everyone out of those projects and sent them to other parts of the city and tore down the building so fast it was amazing to see the city actually move faster than a snails pace. 

The poor are shit on in this nation. You do not need to contribute to it. Get your mind out of the propaganda and start researching why people are living in squalor in the first place. 

Also, just because there are job openings doesn't mean all those people are qualified to fill them. Also, there's an excellent chance most of them are working. They just don't make a enough money to have basic needs met. The majority of the poor work. They work harder than most. Much harder than jackass CEOs who make millions upon millions of dollars thanks to their low wage labor. 

Seriously. Look into economic inequality in this nation and also in your area. It's a shit fest we are living in right now. 

tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

This will not end well.

You are going to be told how hateful you are and how much you hate the poor.

I like snow cones.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I don't know about where you live but there's this organization called the Anti Cruelty society of Chicago. It has been around for about 100 years and is funded through the wills of really really rich ladies. 

My family doesn't have a lot of money but we love animals and can't live without them. The ACS gives shots to animals and tags at a heavily discounted price. They spay and neuter animals for free and they put old and injured animals down for free. Does a place like that exist where you are? 

Also, if your kids are hungry, you should look into getting assistance. No child should go hungry. Ever. Get on that. The life long repercussions are extensive and brutal. 

Quoting JoyfulinSD:
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM

It sure looks like she hates the poor. I'm calling it as I see it. I see you are as well since it's that obvious. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

This will not end well.

I like snow cones.

romalove
by Roma on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I wanna rant about my cough.

I have been coughing for almost three weeks.  It is exhausting me.  I am tired of coughing.

There, I have ranted.  Bash if you must.

tanyainmizzou
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Think what you want sweet cheeks.

I grew up incredibly poor.

There is no excuse for spending money on expensive pets when you are living much of your existence off the government.

Adults actually work hard to pay for their lives.

Quoting mehamil1:

It sure looks like she hates the poor. I'm calling it as I see it. I see you are as well since it's that obvious. 

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

This will not end well.

I like snow cones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)