Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ohio Bank Repoossess Wrong House

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 48 Replies

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/07/22/athens-county-woman-wants-possessions-back-after-bank-tried-to-repossess-wrong-house.html 

Yes, it happened again. This time, the bank removed all of the woman's possessions and now refuses to return them or pay for them.

There is video at the link.

Vinton County Woman Wants Possessions Back After Bank Tried To Repossess Wrong House

Monday July 22, 2013 5:32 PM
UPDATED: Tuesday July 23, 2013 10:03 AM

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
4 moms liked this
wow.. you would think that since we have government officials who think corporations are people that they could charge asn arrest the bank representative for breaking and entering, theft, etc. maybe then the bank president would work harder to make amends
finnbar
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM
8 moms liked this
Wow. Corruption anybody?
What other "business" can steal, get caught, and the police do nothing?
I think she needs a good lawyer
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg I'd be throwing a hell of a fit. They didn't double check the address?! Gps is never accurate. And that's a horrible excuse.
nemo258
by New Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh snap. I hope a lawyer can help
Roxygurl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM
She needs to find a lawyer :-(

That happened to someone here in Galveston and he sued and won a shit ton of money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I have to ask, how much is a sh** ton?

Quoting Roxygurl:

She needs to find a lawyer :-(

That happened to someone here in Galveston and he sued and won a shit ton of money.

opal10161973
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Step 1:  Get lawyer and sue the hell out of the bank, include pain and suffering to boost the lawsuit. 

Step 2:  Start a petition on Change.org and get a bunch of signatures to shame the crap out of the bank, if nothing less.

Now, mind you, I have an issue with inflating settlements with the use of P&S, but if they really are treating her like that, then she needs to do it so they won't do it to other people and this way, she actually gets the amount she needs after lawyer's fees- to replace her things. 

gilbertgrl627
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Even if the GPS led them to her house, I'm assuming they know how to read and could read her house number.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

Omg I'd be throwing a hell of a fit. They didn't double check the address?! Gps is never accurate. And that's a horrible excuse.

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this
$18k to replace all of your possessions?! That sounds downright reasonable, if not underestimating. I can't believe the bank would balk at that! I hope she retains an attorney and sues for considerably more. That's just unbelievable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quoting opal10161973:

Step 1:  Get lawyer and sue the hell out of the bank, include pain and suffering to boost the lawsuit. 

Step 2:  Start a petition on Change.org and get a bunch of signatures to shame the crap out of the bank, if nothing less.

Now, mind you, I have an issue with inflating settlements with the use of P&S, but if they really are treating her like that, then she needs to do it so they won't do it to other people and this way, she actually gets the amount she needs after lawyer's fees- to replace her things. 

agreed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)