Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Interracial Couples

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 64 Replies
11 moms liked this

I saw this today and thought it was cute. It's sad though that people just cannot accept people  that love each other regardless of their color, homosexuality, or any other difference. Sadly my SO and I have experienced people who aren't so accepting of an interracial couple. 

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I have come across many a racist ass face who say they don't care if interracial people get to get together/get married but they shouldn't have children. They say this because they are aware of how much minorities are shit on, so why bring a child into the mix? Not really realizing they are playing a part in the shitting on. 

That mindset is fucked up something hard core. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
My nieces and nephews who are the results of interracial marriages are the most beautiful people I know.

Quoting mehamil1:

I have come across many a racist ass face who say they don't care if interracial people get to get together/get married but they shouldn't have children. They say this because they are aware of how much minorities are shit on, so why bring a child into the mix? Not really realizing they are playing a part in the shitting on. 

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I never understood people's issues with it to me its not a big deal. Dh had a normal childhood and he is biracial. I think people will always have something to say but in the end if you are happy that is all that matters.
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this

I couldn't care less who marries whom. If one of my sons came home with a woman of another race the only thing I'd care about is if they loved each other and with mutual respect. If they don't have that then why would they bring a child into the mix.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
7 moms liked this

I am black and my husband is Italian.We have two incredible kids(mixed race) we are so proud of.We dont understand the issue some have with IR couples,no more than they understand why we dont.

We as a family are too busy being happy than dealing with any hate.When we first saw this commercial we didnt even notice it was an interracial family.This is just everyday life for us:)

Kids are innocent...

Racism is not born,its taught.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Mixing races does seem to produce pretty offsrping. Most of the time. I went to high school with a girl who was half Japanese half German and she was ridiculously pretty. Still is. 

Quoting Carpy:
My nieces and nephews who are the results of interracial marriages are the most beautiful people I know.
Quoting mehamil1:

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with interracial couples.

LNLMommy
by Queen K on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I thought this commercial was cute..I've seen other interracial couples on commercials as well. People need to get over themselves..if a couple is happy-let them be happy

Tag3.0
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

I think people make it a huge deal. They look for people to stare and seek to find validity in things being said over the internet to make it seem as though theres a strong hate for people in IRR. 

Im black my SO is white, honestly no one gives a damn. 

The only people who comment are those who see me with my child and make ignorant comments about her beauty and mixed children.

Mixed kids are not the prettiest children, they are not any more special than other children. They are just children. My daughter is not beautiful because she is moxed, she is beautiful cause she has a hot mom.

End of rant and story. Putting soap box away now.

You can see the ignorance on the internet and claim no one accpets your relationship, or you can choose to ignore it and accept it for what it is. 

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

LOL

Quoting Tag3.0:

I think people make it a huge deal. They look for people to stare and seek to find validity in things being said over the internet to make it seem as though theres a strong hate for people in IRR. 

Im black my SO is white, honestly no one gives a damn. 

The only people who comment are those who see me with my child and make ignorant comments about her beauty and mixed children.

Mixed kids are not the prettiest children, they are not any more special than other children. They are just children. My daughter is not beautiful because she is moxed, she is beautiful cause she has a hot mom.

End of rant and story. Putting soap box away now.

You can see the ignorance on the internet and claim no one accpets your relationship, or you can choose to ignore it and accept it for what it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)