Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If the anti-choice* position is so strong why do anti-choicers* lie about the facts of abortion?

Posted by   + Show Post

I Went to a Crisis Pregnancy Center and What I Saw Will Shock You

http://www.policymic.com/articles/55971/i-went-to-a-crisis-pregnancy-center-and-what-i-saw-will-shock-you?utm_source=nar.al&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign=FB

*I used the term anti-choice because I am specifically referencing people who want to outlaw abortion/close abortion clinics.  Unfortunately too many people erroneously think they are pro-life when they are actually pro-choice so I cannot use the term pro-life any longer.  People who do NOT want abortion to become illegal but who would not choose abortion for themselves MISTAKENLY call themselves pro-life.  Here are the correct definitions:

pro-life:  someone who wants to outlaw abortion

pro-choice:  someone who wants abortion to remain legal. It doesn't mean they would ever have an abortion.  Even if a person would NEVER have an abortion they are still PRO-CHOICE if they do NOT want abortion outlawed.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm against house?  Dr. House?  I think he's kinda cute.

Her body ownership and feelings, if strong enough to abort, should have been strong enough to avoid sex that could very well cause her inconvenience. 

Quoting parentalrights1:

You're against house during pregnancy. The woman's ownership of her body and feelings about it mean jack squat

Quoting snookyfritz:

Oh, and I'm all about choice.  Only I want the choice made before a woman decides to have sex.

And I am anti-abortion. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone is Pro-choice. People are afraid to admit it, because they're uneducated as to what it really means.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I can assure that I am not.  I was up until a year or so ago, but I have definitely jumped to the other side whole-heartedly

Quoting EireLass:

Everyone is Pro-choice. People are afraid to admit it, because they're uneducated as to what it really means.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Unfortunately, a large percentage of CPCs in my state, Virginia, disseminate inaccurate information.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Really? Your husband chooses your doctors? Your husband is given all health information on you prior to yourself? He picks and chooses what the doctor should tell you? You don't get to pick what procedures you may or may not want for yourself? Wow...it's an old fashioned way to live, but have at it!!

Quoting snookyfritz:

I can assure that I am not.  I was up until a year or so ago, but I have definitely jumped to the other side whole-heartedly

Quoting EireLass:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM

What has one to do with the other? You took that ball and ran

Quoting EireLass:

Really? Your husband chooses your doctors? Your husband is given all health information on you prior to yourself? He picks and chooses what the doctor should tell you? You don't get to pick what procedures you may or may not want for yourself? Wow...it's an old fashioned way to live, but have at it!!

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

lady-J-Rock
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really. My grandmother and other women in my family said before Roe vs Wade. Your Husband or father made your medical decisions for you.
That's why I fear the day Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. Not that my husband or father would go against my wishes.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Again, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. 

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Not really. My grandmother and other women in my family said before Roe vs Wade. Your Husband or father made your medical decisions for you.
That's why I fear the day Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. Not that my husband or father would go against my wishes.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

lady-J-Rock
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes it is. It's giving up your reproductive rights. It's a slippery slope. Next they'll go after birth control.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM

It's a presumption that those rights ever belonged to anyone in the first place.

No, the birth control issue is pretty much a Catholic one.  And we don't have the support for that. 

And you still haven't shown where it would leave your husband and father making your decisions

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Yes it is. It's giving up your reproductive rights. It's a slippery slope. Next they'll go after birth control.

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting snookyfritz:

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)