Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If the anti-choice* position is so strong why do anti-choicers* lie about the facts of abortion?

Posted by   + Show Post

I Went to a Crisis Pregnancy Center and What I Saw Will Shock You

http://www.policymic.com/articles/55971/i-went-to-a-crisis-pregnancy-center-and-what-i-saw-will-shock-you?utm_source=nar.al&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign=FB

*I used the term anti-choice because I am specifically referencing people who want to outlaw abortion/close abortion clinics.  Unfortunately too many people erroneously think they are pro-life when they are actually pro-choice so I cannot use the term pro-life any longer.  People who do NOT want abortion to become illegal but who would not choose abortion for themselves MISTAKENLY call themselves pro-life.  Here are the correct definitions:

pro-life:  someone who wants to outlaw abortion

pro-choice:  someone who wants abortion to remain legal. It doesn't mean they would ever have an abortion.  Even if a person would NEVER have an abortion they are still PRO-CHOICE if they do NOT want abortion outlawed.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (161-169):
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:33 PM

That's nice.   What's your point?

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro lifers want abortion outlawed at any cost.

I am pro choice. I would not choose abortion for myself unless there was a life or death risk. Example, I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and had to not only terminate but ended up losing my entire tube because the fetus did not expel after termination and caused damage to the tube.

However-I would never presume to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her own body, and I would never judge a woman for terminating an unwanted pregnancy.

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

If your goal is to disclude pro lifers who aren't in favor of outlawing abortion (as if they aren't capable of determining their own position on the topic??), then why not use the term "anti abortion"?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:03 AM
You asked a question. I gave you the answer.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

I am pro choice. I would not choose abortion for myself unless there was a life or death risk. Example, I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and had to not only terminate but ended up losing my entire tube because the fetus did not expel after termination and caused damage to the tube.

However-I would never presume to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her own body, and I would never judge a woman for terminating an unwanted pregnancy.

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

If your goal is to disclude pro lifers who aren't in favor of outlawing abortion (as if they aren't capable of determining their own position on the topic??), then why not use the term "anti abortion"?

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I asked the OP why, if she doesn't like the term pro life, she doesn't use the term anti abortion, instead of anti choice. That was my question.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Pro life is a term for those who want abortion outlawed at any cost.

Pro choice means supporting a woman's right to make her own choices regardless of your personal opinion.

There's no need for a third term.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

I asked the OP why, if she doesn't like the term pro life, she doesn't use the term anti abortion, instead of anti choice. That was my question.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Well, a less biased definition would be to say that pro lifers are of the opinion that the Childs right to life trump the mothers right to an abortion outside of self defense in the case of medical emergency, BUT, I'm not disagreeing with you. The OP is who insists on using a different term, take it up with her.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice means supporting a woman's right to make her own choices regardless of your personal opinion.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM
That is assuming that that is their reasoning for wanting abortion outlawed, also assuming that they would "allow" medically necessary abortions.

Neither of which are always applicable.

Which is why pro life just means that the person wants abortion outlawed.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Well, a less biased definition would be to say that pro lifers are of the opinion that the Childs right to life trump the mothers right to an abortion outside of self defense in the case of medical emergency, BUT, I'm not disagreeing with you. The OP is who insists on using a different term, take it up with her.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM
And pro choice just means they want abortion to be legal.

Quoting luckystars2012:

That is assuming that that is their reasoning for wanting abortion outlawed, also assuming that they would "allow" medically necessary abortions.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

luckystars2012
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Exactly. It doesn't mean they will get one or have had one, it just means they believe other should be able to have the choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

And pro choice just means they want abortion to be legal.

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Pro choice.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

AmaraG
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Make it easier to adopt.

Quoting EireLass:

So with all these hoops, it's just better to load up the system with 30,000 more kids that'll sit forever because it takes so long.....

good idea.

Quoting AmaraG:
Quoting EireLass:
The vast majority of kids in foster care are nit eligible for adoption. There are many parents who would be happy to adopt, including special needs but can't afford all the hoops this country makes you jump through, and they tend to give up and go the international route.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)