Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let's flip it...and see who has the courage to answer? Updated

Posted by   + Show Post

What can the African American community DO to help themselves?

Update: If anyone actually ANSWERED this question, pls post and tell me the page number. Thanks!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Bossy bossy.

Quoting Radarma:

Typical from you babe, all about ME.

How about an answer to the freakin QUESTION?

Any thoughts to the question? Nah, it's all the "white man's" burden yeah?

Answer the question.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I like the nasty tone and name calling

I'm sure this will turn into a meaningful after school special with a heart warming ending- I just know it.

BTw, what does your favorite white supremist website Stormfront have to say?

Were you just released from care? You seem to be posting a lot all of the sudden ... Are you allowed access without an aide on the computer now?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Well holy shit, wouldn't it be refreshing if the black community could figure this out on their own?

Damn me and my sense.

Quoting RandRMomma:

How would a non black person know what blacks need to do to help themselves? Those persons cannot speak from experience. They can only give opinions based on things they've surmised from the media. Even as someone with a white mother, my experiences more closely align with blacks because of the color of my skin. I have actually had people tell me that I'm not mixed because I don't "look" mixed. Funny thing is, I had a friend growing up who was mixed and was a lot darker than I am.

Anyhow, the point is that someone that doesn't share certain experiences with someone cannot tell them what they need to do to help themselves. Sure, they may have ideas, and their ideas may even be helpful. However, ignoring the crucial part that racism plays in the oppression of racial minorities, particularly blacks, only makes the problem worse.

Sorry about the tangent. I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, I'm just sick and tired of people telling me what we should do to help ourselves, when they don't share our experiences.

punky3175
by Punky on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Are you saying blacks should about when they get pregnant?

Quoting Radarma:

Wow.

70% are being raised without fathers; they hold the highest ratio of abortions for ANY race...(and I am PRO abortion)....the kids are testing at four grade levels below Hispanics, whites and Asians.

Not to mention the FACT that some 100 black people have died in the last month alone, at the hands of other blacks.

Are you new?

Quoting malibucj:

What do they need help from?

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
What the personal responsibility part??? It really isn't all that difficult.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Well, that much is obvious from your reply. :)

Quoting JustCJ:

Well it didn't need to be said so cuntly, but I guess you can say that I don't know...that I willnever truly know.

Quoting RandRMomma:

And one that doesn't know what they're talking about!

Yay!

Quoting LauraKW:

We have a player!

Quoting JustCJ:

Personal responsibility. Stop the blame. And what a prior poster said do what everyone else does.

Ever notice the blacks in history who fought racism and bigotry, never boo-hoo'd...why me? They were strong and didn't let that be an excuse to give up or be less.
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Yep, heard this shtick a zillion times.

Quoting RandRMomma:

How would a non black person know what blacks need to do to help themselves? Those persons cannot speak from experience. They can only give opinions based on things they've surmised from the media. Even as someone with a white mother, my experiences more closely align with blacks because of the color of my skin. I have actually had people tell me that I'm not mixed because I don't "look" mixed. Funny thing is, I had a friend growing up who was mixed and was a lot darker than I am.

Anyhow, the point is that someone that doesn't share certain experiences with someone cannot tell them what they need to do to help themselves. Sure, they may have ideas, and their ideas may even be helpful. However, ignoring the crucial part that racism plays in the oppression of racial minorities, particularly blacks, only makes the problem worse.

Sorry about the tangent. I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, I'm just sick and tired of people telling me what we should do to help ourselves, when they don't share our experiences.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this

For certain neighborhoods, they could try to cease resisting the idea of personal responsibility.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

From my perspective as an employer, I can tell you what turns me off about some black people as an employer (and make no mistake, there are a LOT of white people who do stupid shit in interviews too) but how people change that is not really for me to say.  I have a few ideas but how do you change an entire culture?  That's really what the root of it is, changing culture.  I also think a lot of people who are accused of being racist don't necessarily hate all black people as much as have a distaste for black American culture, the same way some people don't particularly care for the French culture.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course it's not that difficult.

Unless you are a white guilt ridden libtard, who thinks they are endearing themselves by lamenting about how racist and awful this country is.

Quoting JustCJ:

What the personal responsibility part??? It really isn't all that difficult.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Well, that much is obvious from your reply. :)

Quoting JustCJ:

Well it didn't need to be said so cuntly, but I guess you can say that I don't know...that I willnever truly know.

Quoting RandRMomma:

And one that doesn't know what they're talking about!

Yay!

Quoting LauraKW:

We have a player!

Quoting JustCJ:

Personal responsibility. Stop the blame. And what a prior poster said do what everyone else does.

Ever notice the blacks in history who fought racism and bigotry, never boo-hoo'd...why me? They were strong and didn't let that be an excuse to give up or be less.

whitleypittman
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I think a little more parental involvement and the young African American men stepping up and taking resposiblity would help greatly. And not just the men. Young African American women need to stop worrying about sex and having a baby that they can't care for and start focusing on their education so that they can work towards putting themselves in a better place. If all of them would stop worrying about being in a "gang" and start worrying about their education and their future, the community as a whole would be better and safer.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
5 moms liked this
We have it figured out. You're acting as of we're ignorant of the issues that plague are communities, many of whom know no racial bounds. The problem is people like you...people with no experience that think they know what they're talking about. People that read books and think that those books are the end all be all for the issues within the black community. People like you that want to ignore the intricate part that racism plays in the oppression of the black community.

Why am I even bothering? What I'm saying is falling on your deaf ears.

You make no sense.

Quoting Radarma:

Well holy shit, wouldn't it be refreshing if the black community could figure this out on their own?

Damn me and my sense.

Quoting RandRMomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured