Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

let's flip it...and see who has the courage to answer? Updated

Posted by   + Show Post

What can the African American community DO to help themselves?

Update: If anyone actually ANSWERED this question, pls post and tell me the page number. Thanks!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
10 moms liked this
All based on the assumption (again) that black people are somehow flawed and in need of the op's lecture. People who deny white privilege and institutional racism are part of the problem. Another part is poverty.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM

They already are, and at a much higher rate than any other race.  Maybe they should practice better birth control?  There are planned parenthoods specifically in areas of low income and minority communities.

Quoting punky3175:

Are you saying blacks should about when they get pregnant?

Quoting Radarma:

Wow.

70% are being raised without fathers; they hold the highest ratio of abortions for ANY race...(and I am PRO abortion)....the kids are testing at four grade levels below Hispanics, whites and Asians.

Not to mention the FACT that some 100 black people have died in the last month alone, at the hands of other blacks.

Are you new?

Quoting malibucj:

What do they need help from?

babiesbabybaby development

Hi!  My name is Jenn!

lga1965
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
4 moms liked this

I think Bill Cosby has spoken at length about this and I think he's right. He is an intelligent and open minded man.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5345290/ns/us_news-life/t/cosby-berates-blacks-abuse-failure-parents/

Actually, this would work for whites and other races, nationalities,too. He expects kids to get educations, speak properly ( no Ebonics) He expects parents to treat each other with respect and raise respectful, responsible children.

It is much more than that but that's it for starters.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
3 moms liked this
You obviously do not have a clue.

Quoting whitleypittman:

I think a little more parental involvement and the young African American men stepping up and taking resposiblity would help greatly. And not just the men. Young African American women need to stop worrying about sex and having a baby that they can't care for and start focusing on their education so that they can work towards putting themselves in a better place. If all of them would stop worrying about being in a "gang" and start worrying about their education and their future, the community as a whole would be better and safer.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM

"you" don't; "they" DO.

And meanwhile, the rest of us just wait and hope.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

From my perspective as an employer, I can tell you what turns me off about some black people as an employer (and make no mistake, there are a LOT of white people who do stupid shit in interviews too) but how people change that is not really for me to say.  I have a few ideas but how do you change an entire culture?  That's really what the root of it is, changing culture.  I also think a lot of people who are accused of being racist don't necessarily hate all black people as much as have a distaste for black American culture, the same way some people don't particularly care for the French culture.

punky3175
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
7 moms liked this
Everyone has seen Dar go into 'billy bad ass' mode by calling those who don't think or act just like her cowards. Like I said in the other post - she's a one trick pony. And a boring one at that.

I'm going to continue liking all the posts i agree with and see how many more times she calls us cowards.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Cowards? Or just people who've done this stupid dance with you one too many times to want to get into it again? 

I think I'll 'like' my comment, too...

Quoting Radarma:

Oh how I love the "like" feature. Cowards unite!

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
The thing is is that generally speaking, a black woman isn't going to abort. That's why the numbers are higher.

Quoting kailu1835:

They already are, and at a much higher rate than any other race.  Maybe they should practice better birth control?  There are planned parenthoods specifically in areas of low income and minority communities.

Quoting punky3175:

Are you saying blacks should about when they get pregnant?

Quoting Radarma:

Wow.

70% are being raised without fathers; they hold the highest ratio of abortions for ANY race...(and I am PRO abortion)....the kids are testing at four grade levels below Hispanics, whites and Asians.

Not to mention the FACT that some 100 black people have died in the last month alone, at the hands of other blacks.

Are you new?

Quoting malibucj:

What do they need help from?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Bullshit.

Quoting RandRMomma:

You obviously do not have a clue.

Quoting whitleypittman:

I think a little more parental involvement and the young African American men stepping up and taking resposiblity would help greatly. And not just the men. Young African American women need to stop worrying about sex and having a baby that they can't care for and start focusing on their education so that they can work towards putting themselves in a better place. If all of them would stop worrying about being in a "gang" and start worrying about their education and their future, the community as a whole would be better and safer.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Still no answer to the OP? For all your bravado, one would think you would actually bring something substantial to this table.

It's cool, focus on ME babe.

Quoting punky3175:

Everyone has seen Dar go into 'billy bad ass' mode by calling those who don't think or act just like her cowards. Like I said in the other post - she's a one trick pony. And a boring one at that.

I'm going to continue liking all the posts i agree with and see how many more times she calls us cowards.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Cowards? Or just people who've done this stupid dance with you one too many times to want to get into it again? 

I think I'll 'like' my comment, too...

Quoting Radarma:

Oh how I love the "like" feature. Cowards unite!

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
8 moms liked this

I don't consider "them" to be part of a separate community.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN