Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

let's flip it...and see who has the courage to answer? Updated

Posted by   + Show Post

What can the African American community DO to help themselves?

Update: If anyone actually ANSWERED this question, pls post and tell me the page number. Thanks!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (911-919):
Phillymama123
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Well then you're going to have to trust me. Ive needed pp for non abortion related services and when searching locations...all nicer areas though the ones in the city are all easily accessible by public transportation. And I had a nice kid free dinner across the street from one on Friday.

Quoting kailu1835:

I don't know Philly so I have no way of knowing if that's true it not, but I'm going to guess that it my be true of areas you're familiar with, but pp almost always make sure that they have centers available to the poorer people of the state. Heck, they're there specifically to help those who can't afford regular clinics, and that isn't the upper middle class.

Quoting Phillymama123:

The planned parenthoods in Philadelphia are all in the more affluent parts of center city and the suburbs. I guess there are no poor blacks in Phila...

Quoting kailu1835:

They already are, and at a much higher rate than any other race.  Maybe they should practice better birth control?  There are planned parenthoods specifically in areas of low income and minority communities.

Quoting punky3175:

Are you saying blacks should about when they get pregnant?

Quoting Radarma:

Wow.

70% are being raised without fathers; they hold the highest ratio of abortions for ANY race...(and I am PRO abortion)....the kids are testing at four grade levels below Hispanics, whites and Asians.

Not to mention the FACT that some 100 black people have died in the last month alone, at the hands of other blacks.

Are you new?

Quoting malibucj:

What do they need help from?

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
So, true if your area then, but not necessarily all of Philly. In St. Louis, most of the PP I've seen have been in poorer areas. Same of where I live in Washington, and where I lived in Colorado, Oregon, and Indiana.

Quoting Phillymama123:

Well then you're going to have to trust me. Ive needed pp for non abortion related services and when searching locations...all nicer areas though the ones in the city are all easily accessible by public transportation. And I had a nice kid free dinner across the street from one on Friday.

Quoting kailu1835:

I don't know Philly so I have no way of knowing if that's true it not, but I'm going to guess that it my be true of areas you're familiar with, but pp almost always make sure that they have centers available to the poorer people of the state. Heck, they're there specifically to help those who can't afford regular clinics, and that isn't the upper middle class.

Quoting Phillymama123:

The planned parenthoods in Philadelphia are all in the more affluent parts of center city and the suburbs. I guess there are no poor blacks in Phila...

Quoting kailu1835:

They already are, and at a much higher rate than any other race.  Maybe they should practice better birth control?  There are planned parenthoods specifically in areas of low income and minority communities.

Quoting punky3175:

Are you saying blacks should about when they get pregnant?

Quoting Radarma:

Wow.

70% are being raised without fathers; they hold the highest ratio of abortions for ANY race...(and I am PRO abortion)....the kids are testing at four grade levels below Hispanics, whites and Asians.

Not to mention the FACT that some 100 black people have died in the last month alone, at the hands of other blacks.

Are you new?

Quoting malibucj:

What do they need help from?

mamamiajk
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Thats just sad....embarrassed

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Yes, it IS sad that so many think the African American communities in America are doin just fine.

But who am I to ask? I am, of course, WHITE.

Pffft.

Quoting mamamiajk:

Thats just sad....embarrassed

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

http://saveoursons.org/Mission.html

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Fantastic!

Let's hope it helps solve that issue that is not really an issue.

Quoting autodidact:

aliryker
by New Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
It's not about not wanting to answer the question, it's about being above judging people because of THEIR SKIN COLOR!! It's irrelevant what color they are, you should be ashamed of yourself with so many other things to worry about in this lifetime, you chose this as a topic discussion? Smh*
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

lol, "judging because of skin color" is not what this post is about.

That's what YOU perceive and take in with a simple valid question...YOUR ISSUE.

Please keep it.

Quoting aliryker:

It's not about not wanting to answer the question, it's about being above judging people because of THEIR SKIN COLOR!! It's irrelevant what color they are, you should be ashamed of yourself with so many other things to worry about in this lifetime, you chose this as a topic discussion? Smh*

aliryker
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Really? Than why ask a specific race? Not just a general question?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)