Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Underaged girls lying about their ages

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 113 Replies

I think young ladies who lie about their age to be with older guys should be held accountable, perhaps even criminally charged if it can be proven in cases like this. Is it fair for the guys to be in trouble and not the girls?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/24/justice/fort-carson-sexual-misconduct/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Fort Carson soldiers accused of sexual misconduct involving female minors

Authorities are investigating allegations of sexual misconduct by several soldiers from Fort Carson in Colorado, officials said Wednesday. The allegations involve female minors, they said.

"The command is aware of the cases and is closely monitoring the investigations of these soldiers," said a statement released by base officials. They did not provide further information, citing an ongoing law enforcement investigation.

"We assure the community that the Army is taking this situation seriously," the statement said.

A U.S. Army official said the investigation is being conducted by the Army Criminal Investigation Command.

Fort Carson is on the south side of Colorado Springs.

According to the official, investigators are looking into allegations that up to seven junior -- or low-level -- enlisted soldiers joined a an "online social dating" website and responded to profiles of women they believed to be at least 18 years old, according to their online profiles. It's believed some or all of them had sex with the women, who turned out to be under age for legal consent.

The defense official said the soldiers "did not advertise for sex" and told investigators they did not know the women were underage.

Two sets of incidents are under investigation: one from April to July of 2013 and another from March to June of 2013.

The troops were from various units at Fort Carson, the official said. It's not known if any of the men or women knew each other prior to the incidents.

The official emphasized that the investigation is ongoing.

The military has come under pressure this year with recently released figures showing an increased rate of reported assaults.

Recent high-profile cases have involved officers in the Air Force and the Army. The U.S. Naval Academy is also faced with a sex assault case involving football players.

President Barack Obama and military leaders have vowed change. Legislation in the Senate would remove sexual assault cases from the military chain of command. A recent report from a government watchdog found that in many cases the military did not properly investigate sexual assault claims.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM
6 moms liked this
This happens ALL the time.

The girl usually tries to press charges and win money from the court for "emotional stress"... Blah blah.

There is a reason that my husband has to talk to his younger Marines and tell them EVERY weekend that if they wanna sleep with a girl ask for her ID. Not kidding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I think when the time comes I will definitely teach B that.

My son D always sought out older girls.  Not cougars but his gf is 40 and he is 30.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

The girl usually tries to press charges and win money from the court for "emotional stress"... Blah blah.

There is a reason that my husband has to talk to his younger Marines and tell them EVERY weekend that if they wanna sleep with a girl ask for her ID. Not kidding.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My son, who is in the AF, gets told the exact same thing on a very regular basis.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Yup. Its part of their weekend "safety brief".

There was a ring of high school girls when we lived in CA that made a game out of sleeping with Marines and got caught... 3 girls tried to press charges of rape but when the whole story came out the charges were dropped.
Quoting lizzielouaf:

My son, who is in the AF, gets told the exact same thing on a very regular basis.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Some don't know others do and don't give a shit. I was on 24 hour duty. Check IDs of people who look under 18. I stopped a guy and his gf no way did she look 18. I asked for her ID. He said no and walked off. I called the MP's. Yeah she was 15. He was 35. Yuck. He claimed she lied to him.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yes they should be culpable.  If there is the slightest possibility that someone is underage, stay away. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM

bump

housewifehell
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

These little girls make me sick!  I know a man who was put in jail for 12 years because when he was 18 he hooked up with this girl (who I knew) he thought she was 18 because of what she said and there were letters and things she wrote stating she was in fact 18 yet because she was 14 and lieing he got in trouble.  I wish these girls would be held accountable and have to face serious charges for this type of thing. They dont care how many lives they ruin and I guarantee they will NOT learn from this and more men will be tricked into this crap. 

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Some higher ups are actually recommending getting sexual consent contracts! And I don't know about you but I see some girls at my son's middle school...I know I didn't look that 'mature' when I was in 6th grade! I didn't even have my boobies yet. I can easily see how some girls can pass for much older than they are.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Yup. Its part of their weekend "safety brief".

There was a ring of high school girls when we lived in CA that made a game out of sleeping with Marines and got caught... 3 girls tried to press charges of rape but when the whole story came out the charges were dropped.
Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

jllcali
by Jane on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM
4 moms liked this
If it can be proved the girls lied about their age, they should be held accountable. If the soldiers can prove they met these girls on a website stating they were 18 and older, they should not be charged with statutory rape.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN